FF semi-natural 1s & 6s

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joaquim

FF semi-natural 1s & 6s

Post by Joaquim »

Really getting a +3 modifier on the FF table and rolling 1... well it just doesn't feel right!!

I think a good solution can be: 6 - modifier = d6 to rerroll...

So, in the example above, you have a +3 modifier for the roll, but you roll a natural 1... then you could try to re-roll it, 6-3=3, so you will need to roll 3+ in order to rerroll...

Perhaps this second roll could be without modifiers...

Now I need to think of the possibilities to re-roll the money.... that's because a player in our league allways rolls 1!!! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, what do you think of this possibility to re-roll the FF?!

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i think its fine as it is you can always get -mods and roll a 6

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I quite like the 1&6 rule - sure it sucks sometimes, but at least it makes FF progression more random.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Given the new money table we ignore the natural 1 rule, but not the natural 6. However when FF get too high - I as commissioner will decide the fans are getting bored of Blood Bowl and apply the reverse :)

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

noodle wrote:we ignore the natural 1 rule, but not the natural 6. However when FF get too high - I as commissioner will decide the fans are getting bored of Blood Bowl and apply the reverse :)
That seems a bit arbitary to me. You should either have both or neither.

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

It is arbitrary. But then so are the random events I throw in to the game...

Like "+2 on all winnings rolls this week"

I just do it when the league as a whole needs steering - a bit like economics.... :wink: I try to keep our league on an even keel in terms of number of games/interest etc....

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Fair enough for a league environment where everyone knows what you are doing and why - but you can't have the rules saying that!

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I like the rule. Recently, i won 5 games in a row with wood elves, scored 2+ TDs in all of them and 2+ CAS in 3 of them. Yet, my FF went down by 4. And despite all that, i still like this rule!

Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

Just a note: I don't deslike the rule... I played 4 games, for losses... with my goblins team - I'm still learning how to play with them!!...
And my FF is still at 8... :D

But I hear people complain about that rule, so...

And I hear also a coach complaining about the money roll... but he in his 4 games rolled 4 1s... :lol: :lol:
Perhaps next seasson I will allow each team to reroll a money roll, one per season...

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

A new idea that I just had whilst filling my face with Big Mac in front of the computer (I've had the late shift at work, my wife is visiting her folks for the holiday weekend and I couldn't be arsed cooking ok?)

We scrap the -1 for a loss. We scrap the rule of 1 and 6.

BUT

From now on you go down in FF on 1 or 2. SO if you didn't win, and you were so boring that you neither scored nor killed things you get a 1 in 3 chance of going down in FF. you also get -1 for each full 100 points over 100 TRR you have (instead of the negs for high FF, but that goes hand in hand with high TRR except with starting teams). If you have a high TRR team you had better be winning, hurting things and scoring to keep them fans happy.

Just a rough idea. Poke holes in it.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

ianwilliams wrote:I quite like the 1&6 rule - sure it sucks sometimes, but at least it makes FF progression more random.
Agree. Fans may not like your play even though you win. Simply look at Liverpool's play style these days. They win most of their games but they are soooo boring to watch ;)

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Makes sense to me. Leave it as it is now! I started with FF 9. Played (lost) 5 matches and am now at FF 4. Who cares, it's all in the game. And no, it should never be allowed to reroll a FF roll or winnings. I know it's very randow but that's the case with the entire game! 8)

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

My opponent just lost a FF like this (he did lose but had cas and td bonuses), we just put it down to the fact that his fans had worked really hard (Pitch invasion, cheering, etc.) and he'd still lost.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I won cheering fans against my last opponent twice, he subsequently lost a FF

:lol: :lol:

Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

Fans working hard?!?! :pissed:

I got a pitch invasion for my goblins fans and them only managed to stun a Wood elf!!!! :pissed: :pissed:

But at least my FF returned to 9!!!!!!!!
:)
After this 3-0 defeat!!!
:D :lol: