Do you like this idea? More money for timed matches

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

narkotic
Da Collector

Do you like this idea? More money for timed matches

Post by narkotic »

I will take over our league as the new commissioner soon and one of the players made a suggestion:

He asked if 2 coaches voluntarily agree to play with the 4min limit rule, wouldn't it be bad when they could get +1D3 winnings extra. His argumenat is that it suits more to a sports game and even we he does not want to force timed matches on any coach who does not like time limits, he asks for an extra bonus (like the audience likes it more if the match is fast paced etc.)

Do you think its an overpowered idea? Could it give too much money to some teams.

I'm thinking +1D3x 10.000K could be too much, what about +1 on the winnings AND FF roll at the end of the match for both coaches?

(This is just a house rule suggestion)

Reason: ''
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I think a +1 to the winnings would be enough. Does your league have a problem with long turns?

ImageImage
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

depends if you don't mind the influx of extra money in your league and personlly i would

i don't see why coaches who play really quickly should get a bonus anyway

timed turns suck anyway if you want something like that use 45 mins per half or something?

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

No, there is no problem with timed turns. I personally don't like them and most other coaches are noot skilled enough to play under time pressure I guess.
It was the idea of one of the coaches who really likes to play with timed turns.

I didn't want to turn his idea down right away, just wanted to make up my mind. It wouldn't be a good start as the new commissioner to say NO right away from the start, either. :wink:

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

If there isn't a problem I would turn it down and avoid some coaches getting more money over others who are unwilling to play timed turns.

ImageImage
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Of course it is, shoot stuff down in flames take a no nonsense attitude from the start

ask the regs in FUMBBL they know not to argue with me ;]

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Are there really that many people who dislike the four minute turn limit? I think it's golden.

I'm not one to sit there and time my opponent, but I have played the occasional game where a player has taken an extraordinary amount of time to finish his turns.
Should such a case arise again I will happily tell my opponent that I intend call 'time' should he continue to exceed the limit.

Waiting for an opponent to make his move is extremely dull and ruins the enjoyment of the game.

Having said that, if the majority of coaches have trouble making their moves within four minutes, perhaps a slightly longer period would be acceptable. (though to be honest, I think four minutes is plenty of time once a player has gotten used to the game)

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Dont see why they should benefit, from this.

Even allowing for 4 Minutes x 32 turns thats 128 Minutes. I rarely play a game without the 4 minute rule that goes over that anyway.

Cant see any reason for a team benefitting even more financially for playing within the rules ??

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Definitely not something you should reward the players for.

What have they done to deserve something like that? Nothing.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Grumble,

The only reason noone argues with you on FUMBBL, is that you are trigger happy with that KICK button :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

We have a couple of players who sometimes struggle with a 10 minute turn limit! We might benifit from a bonus/penelty for exceding time limits.

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
Alesdair
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Alesdair »

Yes duff...

Since i'm schedualed to play you tonight, we might try a turn limit for the fun of it...

4-6 min...

I'd be up for that... because Shell gets out of class about 9:15, so that would give us about 3:45 play time... about half our usual.

Pass me another Elf, Captain. This one's split.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

duff wrote:We have a couple of players who sometimes struggle with a 10 minute turn limit! We might benifit from a bonus/penelty for exceding time limits.
Then make them play to the 3 minute rule for a cople of games, they'll soon learn :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.