High Elf Warrior Maidens

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

High Elf Warrior Maidens

Post by campaigner »

Hi all,

has anyone played with the Warrior Maidens from blood-bowl.net?

they are 9247 Dodge, Leap, Side Step for 110k iirc

do you think they're overpowered or are they just okay (just another elf that you can step on :P )

c

Reason: ''
Switzerland is small and neutral.
We're more like Germany. Ambitious. And misunderstood.
- Prof. Farnsworth, Futurama
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

We use them and those bitches piss me off :pissed: . Only joking they are very good but very pricey so its not too bad.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by campaigner »

yeah, I figure you really have to choose between block first or developing a oneturner.
it sucks if you lose a 110k player

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Anyone with sidestep pisses me off. We have used the maidens for a little while and don't have any problems with them.

ImageImage
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi campaigner,
IMO the high elf roster is not a weak one.
If you add the maidens without removing something else then they are definately a problem.
Martin

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: High Elf Warrior Maidens

Post by GalakStarscraper »

campaigner wrote:Hi all,

has anyone played with the Warrior Maidens from blood-bowl.net?

they are 9247 Dodge, Leap, Side Step for 110k iirc

do you think they're overpowered or are they just okay (just another elf that you can step on :P )

c
They haven't shown themselves to be a problem in the MBBL2 environment. This is critical to note. I would never recommend the Maiden Warriors in an LRB or modified LRB environment. But the High and Dark Elves needed a leg up in the MBBL2 to be competitive. High Elves got the Maiden and the Dragon. Dark Elves got the Harpy and the Blighted Treeman.

Also every Maiden I've ever played against in the MBBL2 didn't make it to the end of the 1st half. Even though they have Gutter Runner stats they seem to break a lot easier than Gutter Runners.

Galak

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Does that have implications in the LRB environment Galak? In the sense that these teams are therefore the least adaptable/versatile? And if so do they need extra help in the LRB, such as a BG?

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

NightDragon wrote:Does that have implications in the LRB environment Galak? In the sense that these teams are therefore the least adaptable/versatile? And if so do they need extra help in the LRB, such as a BG?
No they don't need help in the LRB environment.

But the MBBL2 is a special environment ... let me introduce you to some of the scary folks that live there:

Sir Cumam Bient -- 3/7/1/10 -- BIG GUY, Horns, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw TeamMate, Wild Animal, Always Hungry, Obese, Block, Pitch Player, Tackle, +1 ST

Tweetie -- 5/7/3/9 -- BIG GUY, Jump Up, Leap, Pass Block, Leader, Daemonic Aura, Unstable

Beefcake -- 6/8/3/9 -- BIG GUY, Break Tackle, Mighty Blow, Daemonic Aura, Unstable, Block

The sad thing ... these 3 guys aren't even close to the league leaders in lifetime casualties. The 3 highest lifetime casualties currently still in the league are:

King Kong -- 3/5/1/9 -- Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Trip Up, Piling On, Block, Juggernaut -- 33 CAS lifetime

Kreg Hammerfists -- 4/4/2/9 -- Block, Mighty Blow, Guard, Tackle -- 21 CAS lifetime

Wheres DaBeer -- 6/3/3/7 -- Block, Frenzy, Jump Up, Cold Resistant, Dauntless, Piling On, Mighty Blow, Push -- 18 CAS lifetime

The improvements to the High and Dark Elves were just to help them survive in an environment that has some pretty scary boogymen.

Galak

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

We have tryed out this maidens in our league as well. As a player they are not overpowered, if you just include them to the actual High Elf Roster (with the already increased 4 Lion Warriors) they are overpowering the team for the whole team-balance.

We give our High Elf teams the option to exchange 2 Lionwarriors for 2 Maidens ... this way it keeps more or less balanced

The coach who recently won the inofficial 'most sexy male performer' award
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

My high elves have encounter Sir Cumam Bient... not at all pleasant. Basically I just ran away all the time... also met King Kong and Wheres DaBeer. I'm unconvinced that the dragon nor the maiden warriors would help... what good is a WA against a ST7 big guy - just turnover city really!

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by campaigner »

GalakStarscraper wrote: They haven't shown themselves to be a problem in the MBBL2 environment. This is critical to note. I would never recommend the Maiden Warriors in an LRB or modified LRB environment. But the High and Dark Elves needed a leg up in the MBBL2 to be competitive. High Elves got the Maiden and the Dragon. Dark Elves got the Harpy and the Blighted Treeman.

Also every Maiden I've ever played against in the MBBL2 didn't make it to the end of the 1st half. Even though they have Gutter Runner stats they seem to break a lot easier than Gutter Runners.

Galak
I don't want to appear as the lazy guy who is unable to do a quick search for himself that I am... but what are the biggest differences from your MBBL 2 to the nromal LRB league?

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Martyn,

My Norse blitzer (DaBeer) was relatively tame in terms of cas. Since getting Push, I generally try and push players OOB rather than Pile On for SPPs - he doesn't really need any more skills.

Must say its very pleasing to have no:3 all time cas leader who is ST 3 - above all those other St 5 St 6 guys!!! The one time he was brought down-to-earth was when he dauntlessed DW's St 8 Demon (or was it the ST 8 Chaos Spell caster (spell doubled his ST for the drive)), failed the dauntless roll and BH'd himself! It was a bit silly trying the block..... but I just had to do it - a Norse blitzer turning down an opportunity like that! No way!

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

campaigner wrote: I don't want to appear as the lazy guy who is unable to do a quick search for himself that I am... but what are the biggest differences from your MBBL 2 to the nromal LRB league?
MBBL2 rules:

Start with the LRB 2.0.

Now add the following House Rules to CHANGE the LRB rules:
1) No Aging method will be used.
2) Dauntless is a skill.
3) Star Players are NOT allowed and no Freebooted Wizards
4) You may Jump Up at the beginning of a Pass Block move.
5) Players with lost tackle zones may not assist a block and may not try to intercept or catch the ball.
6) Dead players may not earn the MVP for the match.
7) Foul Appearance does not work while prone/stunned.
8) Players using the throw-in template for movement can aim it diagonally.
9) Apothecaries can be used on Ball and Chain players
10) Niggling Injuries are rolled for before each half (not just before the game). Using an Apothecary to heal a Niggle in a earlier half does not cancel the need for the Niggle roll before the beginning of a subsequent half.
11) Take Root has been moved to an On-Pitch effect. Before taking an action with a player with this characteristic that is neither prone or stunned, roll a D6. On a 2+, he is fine and may continue his action as normal. On a 1, he takes root into the pitch and loses his action for this turn. In addition, for the rest of the drive, no actions may be taken with this player and he has no Tackle Zone. If he had the ball, he'll drop it and it will scatter one square causing a turnover if not caught by another member of your team.

And then ADD ON the following rules:
1) A total of 83 different rosters to create your team from
2) 21 new skills/traits and a new skill category
3) On-pitch Spellcasters
4) Kicking rules but without Field Goals
5) Mixed Race Teams (Ally Rules
6) Personal Trainers and special rules for Assistant Coaches, Cheerleaders, and Public Relations Agents
7) Team and Personal Apothecary Rules
8) The Body Shop (Bionik upgrades for your team)

And there you go ... you've got the rules for the MBBL2. The MBBL2 was my desire to create a league where the best of the internet suggestions that had no hopes of becoming official could be collected and used in league play. The league has been running over 2 years and 498 games of Blood Bowl have been played in the league so far with these rules. Its a very different environment from a normal league, but its a fun change of pace.

Galak

Rupert
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rupert »

I have a maiden warrior in the mbbl2 and she is very usefull. I was lucky enough to roll AG+ on my first skill roll and a double on the second and I gave her the mbbl2-trait Jam (look beneath for explanation on Jam).

The best use for the maiden warrior is to draw attention so that the other players get more space - but its hard not to use her as scorer cause she is so dang good (she made 20 spp in the first 4 games - now Im in the fifth game and already she made another TD after 3 turns). Of course the ag increase helps - she can get anywhere and pick up the ball almost anywhere and get out again and pass the ball pretty well with ag 5!

Even without the jam trait she is awsome and the point about her getting kicked off the pitched all the time have not been a problem She ges skills fast and since she have all the offensive potential you can ask for you should get her some protective skills.

best,
Rupert

Jam (TRAIT) -
PBeM rule change: ANYTIME an opposing player moves into the Jam player's tackle zone from outside it and then try to perform another action (such as Dodge to move, pickup the ball, throw a pass or handoff, foul, or Blitz), the opposing coach rolls a D6 and to succeed the result must be equal to or higher than (3 + Jam player's AG - the higher of the opposing player's ST or AG). On a successful result, the opposing player continues his action as normal. On a failed result, the opposing player stops in his tracks and his action ends. Jam may be used multiple times but during an opposing player's turn but only once per an opposing team member. A Turnover is never caused from the use of Jam. Jam rolls of 1+ or less needed are automatically successful with rolling the D6. The ST of the opponent for the Jam roll should not include ST modifiers such as Stiff Arm, Horns, or Dauntless.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

The MBBL2 sounds like its just up my street. I have wanted to play in it for a long while now, I just can't seem to find the time!!

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]