New Edition rumors seem to be true

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Edition rumors seem to be true

Post by MacHurto »

Changing weather and brilliant coaching ruins the symmetry of coaching/cheerleaders, coaches are now more valuable for the same price. The change to quick snap means you can't move players that are marked, that's a huge nerf that wasn't needed.
Cheerleaders don't give a Reroll now. You roll on the "Prayers to Nuffle" table, whatever that is. So the symmetry is not needed as they don't have the same effect. Also, they might be priced differently.

Reason: ''
Andydavo
Experienced
Experienced

Blood Bowl 3 // Blood Bowl 2020 Leak!

Post by Andydavo »

Hi all,

I have found the BB2020 ruleset and the one i presume will become BB3, watch the video of me talking through the changes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJH6soQ ... e=youtu.be

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

Another thought...
This has absolutely ensured I won't be buying any further issues of Spike before the new edition is released.
With the stat line changing, team cost changes etc, there's no point in buying something that becomes redundant.

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

AllyRdr wrote:Another thought...
This has absolutely ensured I won't be buying any further issues of Spike before the new edition is released.
With the stat line changing, team cost changes etc, there's no point in buying something that becomes redundant.
Yah. I'm mildly happy I haven't bought any of the Spike magazines to date :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

AllyRdr wrote:Another thought...
in case you want to get rid of your Lizardman Spike, I would be willing to take up that burden ;)

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

with regards to the models, whilst it is not totally clear, but it looks as if they have used the 2016 Ogre and Troll models

Whilst I think it is great that they would put a big guy in for both teams as it let's new players explore this area of the game - I would have expected push fit models for a starter set

...I guess they may have redesigned the models to be push fit - but it seems odd you would do that and keep the same look, especially for the Ogre which you would think could have been made to fit more with the Empire aesthetic.

The troll feels like more of a lost opportunity given there are two current model versions, but four current teams can take at least one (orc, goblin, underworld, renegades)...plus what I assume will be a new green skin mixed team variation (there are 6 goblins in that box set) and presumabvy snotlings.

In terms of the rules....I have to admit I kind of like everything I've seen. Separating passing makes sense to me and may just make it more of an option for non-Elf teams.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Yea, the changes screw up the Spike! magazines, but also the Star Player cards. That's pretty annoying. I'm guessing costs would also change on them as well.

Did anyone notice that the dugouts have changed? I can't tell if they were made smaller (that would be nice), but it looks like they removed the Reroll track.

I like Passing as a separate stat, but I'm really hoping it will be an option for all players. Then you can still make those incredible desperate plays, that actually make the game fun.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

GW have released a video warhammer community article and pictures on Facebook.

The models look amazing imo. Will be interested to see the team composition. Looks like a new orc variant too. Possibly savage possibly big uns.

All the changes to the rules look positive so far. But I will reserve my judgement until I see what the table is referenced in the kick off table and I want to know what those special rules are under each team.

Sad that goblin trolls still have loner, but at a 3+ it's not such a npe anymore.
Dp on the ooligan is a good change. Dropping fame also good.

Overall it looks really positive.

montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

GW article:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... owl03Aug20

"This holiday season, prepare for sports mayhem on an unparalleled scale, as the all-new edition of Blood Bowl hits a stadium near you!"

"We’ll have a more detailed look at some of the new rules later in the week, so stay tuned!"

And you can see the new team, Imperial Nobility:

bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

I actually kind of like the idea of splitting of the PA and AG skillsets.
It makes sense in a lot of ways which will add some good flavor to some teams but also screw others.
It also seems like a zero-sum gain from a global perspective which isn't a bad thing.

It (among other things) DOES manage to accomplish what GW is really after :
Change just enough to push new model & rulebook sales.
We've all seen/heard this song before.
This sort of random, unnecessary tweaking is why I stopped playing every other GW offering out there.

The previous releases since 2016 have been so minor and nuanced that there's been no real functional/practical change to the game nor the community and that was awesome. they even seemed to help some.

I'll wait to see what the extent of this release changes or doesn't.
...but so far this just makes me sad.

the_Sage
Rookie
Rookie

Blood Bowl 2020 leak; Blood Bowl 3?!

Post by the_Sage »

Hi all, I made a video discussing the information that was leaked yesterday for the new ruleset! I figured this might be of interest to people here too. You can find it here <- youtube link

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

Im excited about the new rules, i couldnt wait until holidays.

http://Image
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Regardless of the rules, those Nobility models are fugly! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
They're so bad they actually make the BB2016 humans look good!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Imperial Humans look amazing. A real WHFB vibe.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Yeah, I really like those models, they look great.