New Edition rumors seem to be true

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: New Edition rumors seem to be true

Post by lunchmoney »

Oh noes! That really sub optimal play is still a bad idea :o

Wood Elves are still going to be king of the hill.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Fungus wrote: The new tactic against Wood Elfs is to hunt down the the Thrower first (if there is one in the starting setup) to full prevent any passing.
Fine, you hunt down my thrower and I'll just let the, still awesome, wardancers score all over you :lol:

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

No Sprint on the Catchers, and the price changes mean probably only 2 catchers in a TV1100 build. Combined with the slight lessening of Elf passing shenanigans*, I could certainly see them losing a couple of points of win rate.

Still high end of T1, but probably not sitting quite as comfortably on top of the pile. Especially as Undead can still take their normal TV1100 roster with only the loss of some cheerleaders.

*I know they're never plan A, but they absolutely happen and they often swing games

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

I am over here attempting to shed a tear for wood elves, but I am struggling.

At this point it does all most seem deliberate. I am in, I am buying, please tell me when I can give you money!

I am a pro "fun" guy.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Jayward wrote: I could certainly see them losing a couple of points of win rate.
Good.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

zamerion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamerion »

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

I like the Necro team, glad they have decide to give the slower players more static posses and the fast ones dynamic ones, really helps show the variation of the players role in a quick visual form.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

GW gives with one hand and takes with another. Rumours has it some teams may not make it into the next edition. Possibly Amazons and/or Norse. So the new teams are basically a trade-off. What we have to do is agree upon PA stats for all these teams. Hopefully it can easily be determined based on similar teams, for example humans. Also worried for many of the star players. GW is going to drop a lot of them, and if they reprice the ones that do survive, it will be even more difficult. I see some changes to cost on human team already.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I wonder if GW might do more combined Spikes, maybe with some of the early teams but also add new teams?

So you'd get a Spike with Shambing Undead, Necromantics and either Khemri or Vampires, possibly all 4. High elves could be in an all elf one and Norse and Amazons with humans and nobles. Chaos dwarfs could be Chaos Chosen and Nurgle.

The other option is a supplementary release with new rules and the missing teams. Like Deathzone and season 2, Deathzone did have 6 new teams and 6 are teams are rumoured to be missing from the new book...

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

spubbbba wrote:I wonder if GW might do more combined Spikes, maybe with some of the early teams but also add new teams?

So you'd get a Spike with Shambing Undead, Necromantics and either Khemri or Vampires, possibly all 4. High elves could be in an all elf one and Norse and Amazons with humans and nobles. Chaos dwarfs could be Chaos Chosen and Nurgle.

The other option is a supplementary release with new rules and the missing teams. Like Deathzone and season 2, Deathzone did have 6 new teams and 6 are teams are rumoured to be missing from the new book...
Undead already got Spike. You think they gonna reset spike?

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... lack-orcs/

Black Orc Team officially presented on Warhammer Community.

I guess they are the 2nd team in the 2020 box.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

TopsyKretts wrote:
spubbbba wrote:I wonder if GW might do more combined Spikes, maybe with some of the early teams but also add new teams?

Undead already got Spike. You think they gonna reset spike?
Assuming inducements and star players still works as before they'll need some way to update them for the new rules as there are about 80 of them. I am sure they'll have some alongside Griff and Varag, but doubt all of the stars released since BB16 will be in the new book. Though they might put the 6 missing teams and all the stars not in the book into 1 release.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

spubbbba wrote: Assuming inducements and star players still works as before they'll need some way to update them for the new rules as there are about 80 of them. I am sure they'll have some alongside Griff and Varag, but doubt all of the stars released since BB16 will be in the new book. Though they might put the 6 missing teams and all the stars not in the book into 1 release.
It is guaranteed going to be missing content in the new rulebook, yes. I fear they will give us a handfull of star players from the start, then drip-feed us half of the remaining star players and various other content the next 3-4 years, losing some in the process. My Grak & Crumbleberry are especially worried these days.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

In a #ShockHorror moment, I quite like the models for the BO and Necro teams. :o

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

spubbbba wrote:Assuming inducements and star players still works as before they'll need some way to update them for the new rules as there are about 80 of them. I am sure they'll have some alongside Griff and Varag, but doubt all of the stars released since BB16 will be in the new book. Though they might put the 6 missing teams and all the stars not in the book into 1 release.
Maybe some kind of pdf like Teams of Legend but also for Star Players would make sense. Even 80 Star Players should be relatively easy to convert quickly and allow for modifications down the line.