Show Us Yer Teams!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

untitled_musketeer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Show Us Yer Teams!

Post by untitled_musketeer »

Hey everyone!

I’ve spent the last week or so really making headway with Human Team. They’re called the Mannesfeld Stags and they’re based on the football team my wife supports - Mansfield Town FC! I’ve finally finished my Linemen and thought I’d share them with you all. I’ll try and get the rest of the team finished and get pictures up as soon as possible!

As I’m a Bloodbowl noob, I’d appreciate any comments or criticisms!

Thanks,

u_m
EA01FEF4-961C-471A-84F6-F511371E671B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

you're obvs not a painting noob, those look fantastic!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
untitled_musketeer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by untitled_musketeer »

rolo wrote:you're obvs not a painting noob, those look fantastic!
Haha! No, I’ve been painting for some time. Mostly display stuff though. Thanks for the kind words! :D

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Latest team: a khemri team from GW plastics, mainly khemri models with some necron mummies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Northern Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Northern Monkey »

Finally finished my Flings (The Hochland Hotdogs):

Their are some more pics on my blog here: https://ablogofwar.blogspot.com/2018/06 ... other.html

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

My new Chaos Team "Kuriosity Killers"

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Elf Union from Impact! on its way to becoming Wood Elves
PART_1529604358397_Resized_20180621_135647_2425.jpeg
These were just quick basecoated followed by a dip. Considering the price point, these were phenomenal value, however the narrow ankles and resin that is brittle even by resin standards is something to be aware of. They do have enough detail to be painted and highlighted much better than the fast and dirty job I did here.

The only modification I make was replacing the ball and hand on the throwers, the original ball made the thrower look like he was holding a sandwich.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

And here's a terribly lit shot of the same Impact! Elves as a Dark Elf spinoff. Again, basecoat and dip only. I did paint some pants and a shirt onto the witch elves, their delivered outfits are horrible impractical.
PART_1529604366341_Resized_20180621_140204_1073.jpeg

Elkantar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Elkantar »

I finsihed Grak and Crumbleberry yesterday:

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

My recently finished 2nd ed Slann (I've had this team in the back of my mind ever since I saw Axiom's 2nd ed Slann 5 years ago 8) , finally I have my own now). I have 7 linefrogs in total but thought I'd include Hemlock and Slibli for variety. The backs of the linefrogs have had brown stuff sculpted on them to look like that classic 2nd ed quilted/ diamond padded jacket look

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

So, here are my Oakglade Reavers, painted for me by a mate

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The current incarnation of Graveyard Gothika!
Graveyard Gothika.jpg
This team went through tons of minis looking for the best fit.... In the end, size and "vibe" (looking like they went together), along with a "footbally" feeling, trumped over other tastes and concerns. Very often I felt that commissioned tournament minis captured a better feel for what a football playing, undead denizen really looked best as... especially for the positions that citadel/gw had the worst inspiration to foist on us undeadish fans! I never found a good wight to my liking (often bouncing between ghostly and skeletally) until a trade went in an interesting direction and I wound up with a couple of Phil Lewis aliens! What else was I gonna use them for? (rhetorical question) So, an undead alien is as good as an undead human... right?! Made my millenium :smoking:
Super thanks to the Germans and their B7 Tournaments !) !) !) Your minis are awesome and Funk-n-stein is the best mini ever produced for Blood Bowl imho.... The fit of the arms is so precise that I constantly forget it is a multi-piece miniature.... :o Just as much as I love Funk-n-stein, Hippy Brawl's "Flopsy" solved a seemingly eternal search for the ultimate Werewolf!!! While there are tons of well done, dynamic and artistically well executed wolves, only Flopsy has ELFIN' NAILED! what frenzy should look like 8) Loved it so much I bought two!!

The list:
01 First Edition Zombie
02 Third Edition Zombie
03 Third Edition Zombie
04 Frikipie Tournament Zombie
05 B7 Tournament Zombie
06 Fifth Edition Rotter/(Zombie)
09 Sudore e Dadi Tournament Ghoul (awaiting paint)
10 B7 Tournament Ghoul
11 Second Edition Garak Grigolson Wight (-ified)
12 Second Edition Alien(?) Wight (-ified)
13 B7 Tournament Funk-n-Stein
14 Fifth Edition Flesh Golem
15 Hippy Brawl Tournament "Flopsy" Werewolf (standard)
16 Hippy Brawl Tournament "Flopsy" Werewolf (reposed arm and a little greenstuff)
Coach: Dutch Tulip Tournament Werewolf :orc:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

20180722_104037.jpg
The undead edition: 10 minis added to have options....

01 Can't remember who made ol' "triple skulls", but recently found an Impact football head for him
02 & 03 Privateer Press
04 & 05 Third edition
06. First edition skeleton
07. Wicked Bowl "Skeletor"
08. Heresy Deathball Ghoul
13. GW Ramtut
14. Unreleased GW Mummy (now available at Impact Miniatures)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

20180722_110050.jpg
Khemri positionals: always thought the 'ras should be minor mummies

09 Willy undead dark elf Thow-ra
10 Impact Miniatures "Setekh" Throw-ra
11 repositioned Sandgroper Tournament mummy Blitz-ra
12 Sandgroper Tournament mummy Blitz-ra
15 & 16 GW Tomb Guardians

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

20180722_112432.jpg
Nurgle option, for something a little less undead:

05 Acid Scarred Max Warrior (Impact Miniatures iirc)
06 Second Edition Greaser Geargrinder Warrior
07 Second Edition Bilerot Vomitflesh
08 Mojonbowl Tournament Warrior
09 & 10 Fifth edition Pestigors
11 & 12 Third edition Beastman Pestigors