LRB 5 Starting League Rosters

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Moogul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Moogul »

Damn board errors - sorry for the double post.

Reason: ''
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

well i'm just about to join a league and i'm going for norse as something different to what i normally play. it's 1.1 mil though

6 linemen
1 thrower
2 runners
2 beserkers
1 ulfwerner
1 snow troll

2 re rolls
0 fan factor (well we are a new team after all)

not 100% sure how this is going to pan out. hoping the amount of block on the pitch to start with is going to help. the league seems quite bashy with orcs and dwarfs / chaos dwarfs in there so skill choices reflect this.

thrower = first skill will be leader then probably sure hands on a double it'll be dodge more than likely (just to make him harder to take down in the first place)

linemen = first skill on one of the will be kick (because of the slow teams in the league. after that it'll more likely be tackle, dauntless or fend. doubles will be either dodge again or guard depending on other skills taken.

runner = first skill will be dodge and then (depending on linemen skills) will be either tackle, jump up, fend or side step. not too sure about this one. doubles will more than likely be guard or mighty blow.

berserkers = guard, guard and then a bit more guard. mighty blow or strip ball for the second skill. doubles will be dodge, sprint or sure feet (in that order)

ulfwerner = block! after that it'll be guard (you can never have enough guard in my book) then mighty blow. doubles it's dodge again (i know, you didn't see that one coming at all did you)

snow troll = guard first and then mighty blow or stand firm. doubles it's going to be block and then dodge.

it's been a long time since i played in a league so these skill choices are probably not the best ones. any advice would certainly help me out.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

I fixed the errors in my original post :oops: I'm not the best person at adding up columns of numbers, I have a kind of numerical dyslexia. :lol:

Hopefully things are cleaned up now, but if someone else spots a calculating error feel free to call me on it.

Drool_bucket
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Drool_bucket »

Wood Elves (1 Mil)
with Tree
WarDancer
Tree
Line Elfs (x9)
2 RR
30K either FF, AC, CL or bank

without Tree
WarDancers (x2)
Line Elfs (x9)
2 RR
30K either FF, AC, CL, bank

short league
WarDancer
2nd 'Dancer or Tree
Catcher (x3)
Thrower
Line Elfs (x6)
1 RR

Shortest League (my own, 8-10 games) starts against the norm because you don't have the time to buy the positionals. Sacrifice a RR in favor of 3/4 Dodgers and a Pass... Thrower to get Leader immediately.

Member of the DorkaMorka Blood Bowl League (DMBBL) of the Greater Boston Area
da_crusher
Rookie
Rookie

Post by da_crusher »

Necromantic

Long League

2 Flesh Golems
2 Whights
1 Werewolf
6 Zombies
3 RR
FF + AC + CL = 3

in short leagues you could switch one FG to a werewolf and go down with one FF

Necro's in my opinion have some starting difficulties as they do not have any RR-skills and a lot of slow AG2 players. And those key players and RR's (of which at least 3 are vital) are bloody expensive.

Solarhaphaeriom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Solarhaphaeriom »

Here's the 1 mil. Dark Elves I started my current (long) league with. Worked well, but would only try this in a league with many AV7 teams.

1 Runner
2 Assassins
1 Blitzer
7 Lineelves
3 RR

The assassins are very useful against AV7 teams, and against tougher (=slower) but not bashy teams shadowing is very useful. They are also cheaper than Blitzers, which means you get 3 rerolls from the start, which is useful when you lack pass/catch/dodge, and saves you money later. The runner with a blitzer and a lineelf or two make a solid running play with dump off, and a single blitzer as linebacker, plus assassins to prevent dodging similarly worked well on the defense.
But as I mentioned, if I wasn't facing mostly AV7 and 8 teams, I wouldn't go with this.

fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Anyone want to supply starting league listings to fill in the missing teams? Cause they're teams outside my realm of experiance.

We're talking about Amazon, High Elf, Nurgle, Ogre and Undead.

1.1 Mil or alternative 1Mil rosters are welcome also.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Hmm, didn't really want to put up my 1 mil undead list as I haven't played around with skeletons on the team as much as I wanted. But if you're pushed...

220 2 Mummies
180 2 Wights
210 3 Ghouls
160 4 Zombies
210 3 Rerolls
20 Fanfactor 2

I think it's all pretty standard but I will explain the choice of fanfactor. Considered A/C and Cl but figured fan fcator 2 is never going to go anywhere if you lose and is always going to go up if you win. It's risk free and always has an impact. But I really need to sit down and do the math (average kick off = 4 and work from there for starting teams).

Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

PubBowler wrote:Hmm, didn't really want to put up my 1 mil undead list as I haven't played around with skeletons on the team as much as I wanted. But if you're pushed...

220 2 Mummies
180 2 Wights
210 3 Ghouls
160 4 Zombies
210 3 Rerolls
20 Fanfactor 2

I think it's all pretty standard but I will explain the choice of fanfactor. Considered A/C and Cl but figured fan fcator 2 is never going to go anywhere if you lose and is always going to go up if you win. It's risk free and always has an impact. But I really need to sit down and do the math (average kick off = 4 and work from there for starting teams).
Well, FF of 2 doesn't guarantee anything. It increases your chances of winning FAME, but not that much.

See Snew's post earlier in the thread. I'd go for 1 AC and 1 Cheerleader.

Cramy
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Cramy wrote:
PubBowler wrote:I think it's all pretty standard but I will explain the choice of fanfactor. Considered A/C and Cl but figured fan fcator 2 is never going to go anywhere if you lose and is always going to go up if you win. It's risk free and always has an impact. But I really need to sit down and do the math (average kick off = 4 and work from there for starting teams).
Well, FF of 2 doesn't guarantee anything. It increases your chances of winning FAME, but not that much.

See Snew's post earlier in the thread. I'd go for 1 AC and 1 Cheerleader.
Nor does 1 A/C and 1 Cl. But you can get these after the first game. I guess it comes down to what you think FF is worth relative to the 10k alternatives. An assitant coach or cheerleader might just be cancelling out the FAME score your opponent got from spending some money on FF! FAME effects more kick off rolls and effects the ones that the alterantives do by the same amount. So it comes down to stats. Before I do them (and ignore work for the afternoon) has anyone done any work on this before? Snew is a strong proponent of the nil FF roster but I can't remember him posting reasoning. If he has apologies, and could he repost them.

howlett
Experienced
Experienced

Woodelf Starting Roster

Post by howlett »

Woodelves Starting Roster

10 Lineman
1 Wardancer
RR 2
FF 8

(from "Winning with Woodies" strategy (originally designed for LRB3))[/b]

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Craigtw's Nurgle Roster:

4 warriors
1 pestigor
6 rotters
3 RR
2 FF

I thliked this option as oppose to starting with the beast, as I find it more useful to have the reliable player (read those who won’t go stupid) as well as the extra strong player may make it more worth the while.

Having tried this in my local league, they started off quite well, giving a lot of team a hard time with the strength, and have now purchased the beast. Focus has to be on buying pestigors (have two on the team at least) and then go for the beast.

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
bio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bio »

Bio's Nurgle Roster:

1 Beast
3 Warriors
1 Pestigor
3 RR

I'll try this roster in our next league... the beast is just too fun to pass on!!

bio

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Woodelf Starting Roster

Post by Warpstone »

howlett wrote:Woodelves Starting Roster

10 Lineman
1 Wardancer
RR 2
FF 8

(from "Winning with Woodies" strategy (originally designed for LRB3))[/b]
You probably want to trade in the FF for rerolls or more skilled players in LRB5.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

bio wrote:Bio's Nurgle Roster:

1 Beast
3 Warriors
1 Pestigor
3 RR

I'll try this roster in our next league... the beast is just too fun to pass on!!

bio
You don't need 11 players?

Have fun!