All about Dark Elves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Uldreg
Rookie
Rookie

Re: All about Dark Elves

Post by Uldreg »

The Funkadelic's
"Starchild" Blitzer: Dodge, Sidestep, Dauntless
"Dr. Funkenstein" Blitzer: Tackle, Guard, +1 AG, normal skill (dodge or leap)
Blitzer: +1 AG, dodge, leap
"Mothership Connection" Lineman: -1 MV, Dirty Player, +1 STR
"Rumpofsteelskin" Lineman: Wrestle, Guard, dodge, niggle, -1 MV
"Uncle Jam" Lineman: Wrestle, Sidestep, dodge, double skill, -1 av
"Maceo Parker" Assassin: Block, double 6's skill (STR?)
"Flash Light" Runner: Block, +1 STR, Dodge, Frenzy
"Aretha Franklin" Witch Elf: Wrestle, Tackle, Sidestep, mightblow {missing game with -1 mv}
"Tina Turner" Rookie Witch Elf
"Karl Denson" Lineelf: Wrestle, Dodge
Lineelf: Wrestle, -1 AG

4 Rerolls. I like em. 4 makes me feel all warm inside.
I am in the final game of a inter season tournament. Facing a chaos team with a 5 ag wreslter and a his 5 ag 4 str blodge ball carrying beastman. Team has only one or two claws, 3 or 4 tacklers. One w/ Mb and PO. He will be about 200k higher than me. Any ideas for the skills? Takign STr on an assasin seems wrong, but feels so right...

Reason: ''
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

Even on double 6s, I would without hesitation take MultiBlock on your assassin.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

+ST

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

You don't take ST on an assassin. It's a pointless piece. Multi Stab is awesome... 2 is horrible, getting a star player with the 3rd is terrifying.

The second double is the problem. But generally Blodge and Multistab is fantastic. Sidestep would be great too and Jump up would be an advantage.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

SS or Leap on the Blitzer.
Guard on the SS/Wrodge Lino.
Multiple Stab or +ST: no opinion. +ST may help keep him in BTB, and may make him more useful against bash. But he won't use it actively as much as you'd like. Why Block over Dodge, Leap or SS?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Uldreg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Uldreg »

I originally picked up the assassin as a long term Prospect. In he next few games I lost a bunch of elves. I was forced to start him a few games in a row. He is a miserable stabber, except in overtime, so i mostly dont stab with him. He attracted so much attention that I chose block just to try and keep him upright. I was going to take dodge next, as I find elves live longer if they have blodge. Dodge was probably a better choice for the first skill.

Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

Smurf wrote:You don't take ST on an assassin. It's a pointless piece. Multi Stab is awesome... 2 is horrible, getting a star player with the 3rd is terrifying.

The second double is the problem. But generally Blodge and Multistab is fantastic. Sidestep would be great too and Jump up would be an advantage.
Ahem, any reason why you think a ST4 stabber would be any worse than any other ST4 elf? And we all know ST4 elves are amazing. Multistab does NOT work while blitzing, so it's a very meager skill in reality. Works basicly on the first turn of the receiving half, and everybody knows elves win receiving halves anyway.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Side Step, Jump Up and Multi Block would be one sick combo though. Imagine that 6 player foul failing on double 1's! :lol:
That said, I would take +STR as it's usefull immediately.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

You can't learn Grab if you have Frenzy.

Blood bowl players suffer from only one major design flaw...complaining
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

That was a non-sequitur. Did anybody suggest that? I only went back two pages, and found two references to Grab. One about how hard it is to get on a Dark Elf team, and one about different cage-cracking styles, with a reference to "Grab or Frenzy": note the disjunction that indicates the original author (me) wasn't suggesting the use of both. If you're referring to something farther back, please quote so we know what you're talking about.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Oakwolf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oakwolf »

I wouldn't pick +ST on an assassin.

It has low movement, low armor, no gaming skills. On a double, multi-block is very recommended. Also helps your team value vs the ST increase.

ST4 is great on an elf piece that gets spp normally. Even a lineman, with AV8, becomes quite robust once they get blodge.

The Assassin's spp, due to stab, don't come in as much...so getting to 31 for ST4, blodge...is going to be long. The assassin's way is to stab, and ST4 doesn't benefit that. If you don't stab with the assassin, then it'd have been better to pick a runner or lineman instead.

Now ST4 on a blitzer or witch...that's great :)

Uldreg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Uldreg »

Well, as you can see from my team, i don't have STR on a WE or a Blitzer. Instead Nuffle has gifted me STR on my runner, who with Frenzy is F-ing amazing, a lineman who already had Dirty Player, and an assassin. The blitzer i had with STR was killed... I took STR on the assassin becasue str 4 blodge is great, yes it could be on a better player, but i will take it. I can still stab against av 7 blodge, or block normally. Also a str4 peice is tougher to block away than str 3. Plan is probably Doddge, Sidestep for him now. Other guy i took Guard on the av 7 lino, and Dodge on the Blitzer. I won the tournament final too! Had to get super lucky vs those ag 5 beasts though... Team is now semi-retired from the league but will be joining a tournament in awhile. Thanks for everyone's ideas and suggestions.

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Oakwolf wrote:I wouldn't pick +ST on an assassin.

It has low movement, low armor, no gaming skills. On a double, multi-block is very recommended. Also helps your team value vs the ST increase.

ST4 is great on an elf piece that gets spp normally. Even a lineman, with AV8, becomes quite robust once they get blodge.

The Assassin's spp, due to stab, don't come in as much...so getting to 31 for ST4, blodge...is going to be long. The assassin's way is to stab, and ST4 doesn't benefit that. If you don't stab with the assassin, then it'd have been better to pick a runner or lineman instead.

Now ST4 on a blitzer or witch...that's great :)
Always take +STR.

There is never a reason to not take it. It helps in both offense and defense. It helps people next to them, it is the difference between a 1-die block and a two die block. An assist or not. Plus Strength is good with a house or with a mouse, here or there. + str is good everywhere.

Remember the key to developping Assassins is to NOT be an Assassin. Assassins are elves first, Assassins second. If you play them like Assassins out the gate they will disappoint you constantly.

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
Megr1m
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Megr1m »

Hey guys. First post - I've been reading these forums for a little while.

I need some help with the trimming of my DE team. I'm in the same league as Uldreg's team, and am about to commence a new season. The division I'm in is fairly bipolar, in that we have a mix of very heavy hitters, and stacked flair teams. This is also the "top tier" division, as it were, so the players are all who have gotten there by beating everyone else.

Now, I've been looking to potentially trim some value off of my team, not only to give myself some tasty inducements against the other flair teams but to also maximise the amount of money I can make against the (inevitable) casualties which will have to be replaced after games against the brute teams.

This is the team so far, and I warn you in advance that there are a number of choices here which will more then likely rub a whole bunch of people the wrong way - however, it has been built into a style of play which works for me and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask;

After Dark

Assassin - Block/+1ma

Blitzer - vanilla (replacing a killed Blodge/Guard)
Blitzer - Blodge/NoS/Catch/Passblock
Blitzer - Blodge/Tackle/SS
Blitzer - Blodge/Stripball/Leap/Jumpup

Runner - Block
Runner - Dodge/Surehands/Pass/+1ag

Witch - Blodge/+1st/+1ma/-1ma (so 7/4/4/7)

Lineman - Kick/Wrestle
Lineman - Wrestle
Lineman - Wrestle
Lineman - DP
Lineman - vanilla

12 Fan Factor
3 RR
Apoc
No Cheerleaders or Coaches.

All up, the team is valued at 2220, with 210k in the bank. So I can spend a little bit in cutting a re-buying players but I haven't a wealth of options. To address what is probably the most immediate question, I have five Linemen because I like to keep numbers up on the pitch, and because I like to foul. The second question will probably be the single Witch. I have not had much money throughout this team's lifespan due to continuous injuries and furthermore, I tend to take a very hands-off approach on the pitch - so for me, a single Witch blitzing once per turn has been enough. I am not however, against the possibility of running two at once.

How would you (the experts) approach potentially shaving some tv off this lot? Finally, any other suggestions & tips would of course be most welcome.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

The most likely candidate for trimming out is the assassin IMO. He costs 140k in TV and is a casualty waiting to happen vs teams like Orcs that invested in MB/PO.
The pass block/catch/NoS blitzer is next. That's a whopping 190k that does almost nothing vs bash teams.
I'm saying this because my dark elves usually don't have much trouble beating down the flair teams but struggle vs the bashy teams loaded up with tackle, MB and PO.

Tbh I wouldn't cut anyone. I would just use the above 2 guys with more risk to their health. :wink:

In general I think you're way too light on SS for your TV. You should be loaded with SS once you get to TV 2000+ IMO.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire