LRB 5 Starting League Rosters

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

7 Line rtaz
1 Storm Vermin
4 Runners (Use 1 as a thrower cos we all know skaven throwers can't pass)

2RR
7FF
Apo

Reason: ''
A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

hoomin_erra wrote:7 Line rtaz
1 Storm Vermin
4 Runners (Use 1 as a thrower cos we all know skaven throwers can't pass)

2RR
7FF
Apo
FF7. In LRB5. Really??

Personally I'd kill some FF, upgrade a Linerat to a Stormvermin, and bank some money towards an Rat Ogre/Replacments.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

FF7, good chance of +2 fame.

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

chance of +2 fame at the expense of a vermin ........... no thanks

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

ff7 isn't the same as a vermin, a linerat yes, vermin no.

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

knock the FF down to 3 and change a Linerat into a SV. You still have a decent to good chanced to get +1 fame.

-Xeterog
Quadrasonic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Quadrasonic »

1M Amazons

This team took a very close second place in a three game tournament two weeks ago.

1 Thrower 70K
4 Blitzers 360K
7 Linewomen 350K
4 Re-rolls 200K
2 Fan Factor 20K

If I was to use them in a league, though, I personally would not change a thing. The ability to have 4 blodgers from the starting blocks is priceless. Just make sure that an apothecary is your first purchase.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Wood Elves and Orcs

Post by mattgslater »

Wood Elves
2 Wardancers
2 Throwers
1 Catcher
7 Linemen
1 Re-Roll
FF2
One Re-Roll is enough if you're good and careful. The Catcher's extra MA and starting Dodge skill will add half a touchdown a game, and that's worth all the FAME in the world. Between the Throwers and the Catcher, you'll end up getting another re-roll, which is worth half an RRC per game on its own. Besides, with two Throwers, you can give one Leader after just a few matches (even if the first one goes for Sure Hands). A Treeman is a perfectly worthwhile substitute for a couple of positionals (not Wardancers). Some would go with a second RR instead; that's not a bad idea, either, but it's not for me.

For Orcs:
4x Blitzer
4x Black Orc
2x Thrower
2x Lineman
2x Re-Roll
FF0
Note the twelfth guy: you win with Orcs by ending up with more guys on the field. With 4 Blitzers, 2 Sure Hands/Pass guys and the ability to eat the clock, re-rolls aren't all that important. Remember that, while you won't take a lot of damage, you'll take most of your casualties on your most expensive players (Black Orcs), so if you take an Apo, you will save yourself some money over time.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by darren woodward »

Hi, doesn't anyone take High Elves? I ws thnking of a passing team for a short league 1M league (with free FF 5)

Any suggestions Thanks, d

darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

darren woodward wrote:Hi, doesn't anyone take High Elves? I ws thnking of a passing team for a short league 1M league (with free FF 5)

Any suggestions Thanks, d
Ok, so what about:

4 Catchers
1 Thrower
1 Blitzer
5 Line Elfs
2 RR
[5 FF]

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Not bad. Or you could start with 2 Blitzers, 3 Catchers and 6 Line-Elves; either way works. I like having 2 guys with Block, myself, but I totally see the extra MA.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

For my Pro Elves at 100 I usually go:
3x Catcher
2x Thrower
2x Blitzer
4x Line-Elf
2x Re-Roll

I know a lot of people don't like taking elf positionals, but I like the extra MA and skills on the Catchers and Blitzers; I don't think Throwers are so hot, but I'd rather start with a Thrower than with a Line-Elf and +1 FF or an AC or CL. I could totally see only starting with 1 Thrower and 2 Catchers and starting with 3 RRs, but that's not how I do it.

darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

mattgslater wrote:Not bad. Or you could start with 2 Blitzers, 3 Catchers and 6 Line-Elves; either way works. I like having 2 guys with Block, myself, but I totally see the extra MA.
Thanks fella. d

Azoth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Azoth »

Some alternatives:

Undead
2 Mummies
2 Wights
4 Ghouls
1 Skeletons
2 Zombie
3 RR

High Elves
2 Blitzer
1 Thrower
8 Lineelves
3 RR

Pro Elves
2 Blitzer
2 Catcher
1 Thrower
6 Lineelves
3 RR

NAF #9497
Dungeon Bowl IV, KlingenCon Bowl XXIV, Botz Bembel Bowl II, D-Bowl II
Winner: KlingenCon Bowl XXIV (Undead)

[url=http://dts.azoth.de][img]http://dts.azoth.de/3_dts1_2_klein.jpg[/img][/url]
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

A very successful team for me, and one I'll use again when we restart with fresh teams, Necromantic:

5x Zombies
2x Flesh Golems
2x Wights
2x Werewolves
2x Rerolls
2x Fan Factor

Save for a third reroll and use journeyman zombies if the going gets unexpectedly rough.... Setup your wolves 2 squares from the sidelines with a Flesh Golem one square to the inside of the field.... This should prevent any 3 St player from getting better than a 1d blitz on your wolves.... One Zombie should get Kick as soon as possible, while the rest get Block and Dauntless to deal with 4&5 St opponents... Guard on doubles....

5x Zombies
2x Ghouls
2x Wights
2x Werewolves
3x Rerolls
3x (FF/AC/CL)

This lineup increases speed at the cost of muscle.... Ghouls set back for the kickoff, while Weres and Wights pair forward to blitz out the opposition and possibly receive the handoff.... At least one Ghoul should go Sure Hands, Kick Off Return and Block.... The other: Block, Catch and Sidestep.... This way you could move the ball up to 3/4 of the field by way of a Sure Hands Ghoul handing off/short passing to a Catch Ghoul who hands off to a Werewolf (if absolutely necessary).... Stick with higher odds plays and keep reroll opportunities to a minimum.... Score quickly with this lineup and use your Kick Zombie to place the ball for Were/Wight blitz turnovers....

Edited 1-11-08 to include alternative lineup and comments....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"