LRB 5 Starting League Rosters

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Undead
4 x Ghouls
2 x Wights
4 x Zombie
1 x Skeleton
5 x Rerolls

With 5 rerolls you can probably try and do TDs with both zombies and skeletons just to earn som spps. Save for 2 mummies and then you're set, and thats only 220K (about 4-5 matches).

Reason: ''
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

stashman wrote:Undead
4 x Ghouls
2 x Wights
4 x Zombie
1 x Skeleton
5 x Rerolls

With 5 rerolls you can probably try and do TDs with both zombies and skeletons just to earn som spps. Save for 2 mummies and then you're set, and thats only 220K (about 4-5 matches).
Mummys only skill up with MVPs and CAS. You want them in as many games as you can. You will be buying rerolls anyway once you get rolling since you don't have anything to spend money on. You'll only replace Ghouls and hopefully you'll raise one or two Zombies anyway.

Have fun!
Thomsen
Rookie
Rookie

CD team

Post by Thomsen »

2 BC

5 CD

5 Hobgobbos

2 RR

1 APO (dont wanna lose my BCs)

Gandalug
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gandalug »

My starting Chaos Dwarf roster is

2 Bull Centaus
5 Chaos Dwarf Blocker
4 Hob

3 RR
20k saved

It's quite good....I choosed to don't get apo 'cause the most important pieces are 9av, and hobs are cheap to buy. Rerolls are a must for BCs because of their 2 agi: they have to pick-up the ball.

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

I never played a 5.0 league is Fan Factor that unimportant now compared to LRB 4.0? when looking at the threads here thats something I noticed that these rosters have very little Fan Factor if any

FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

There is a different system now, were ff doesnt matter so much for the winnings as in lrb4. You roll 2 d6 and add your ff, and the one with the highest score will have +1 fame. The fame then means 10k after the game, and will be used in game to modify various kickoff rolls. As the maximum fame you can get is 2 and thats a rare situation, it isnt so big a deal.
Second big change is how the LRB5 ff progresses, and that mean you very rarely see teams with a ff higher than 14. Succesfull teams run with a ff around 11-12, and medium teams have around 8. If you winn your game and have a low ff, you are pretty sure that you will get a ff increase, so its pretty easy to approach the maximum zone.

Personaly thats one of the changes I really dislike for Lrb5.

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

I would agree with you king, but in my last league I was in it got rediclous to a point where it became no fun. We played league games then after the league you could continue that team in the next league. There were teams with FF 20+ at points and when throw a rock, or get the ref, or gate was rolled it got to a point where the FF would totally decide the winner of the game.

I thought from what I saw the rules the gate was different, FF was different, but how much money you earned was the same (give or take?) I don't want to crowd this thread with rule queries so if you want to PM me the info I'll gladly accept it to read up on it. I still have to finish reading the rules, and once again I posted this here because I'm looking up team listings and got confused.

FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

Well, a high ff was the reward you got for having a high winn percentage, and I liked that. Lrb5 ff is more like communism were everything has to be the same :) There were some kickoff results that were too hardcore in the Lrb4, and sometimes they decided the games, but then you could adress those kickoff results (and that has been done as far as I remember) I support any rule that rewards good coaching, and the old ff did that much more than the new one. Will pm you the rules :)

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Well in LRB5 your FF can go up if you win and down if you lose, and if you draw it can do either depending on how high it already is.

So surely that rewards good coaching more than the olde version, the more you win the higher it goes up to a maximum of 18. And the same with winnings, you get to re-roll the dice if you win as well as the +2. So over a long campaign a good coach will see his FF rise quickly even if it starts at 0 and a poor coach will see it steadily drop even if it starts at 9.

FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

I will pm you :) We should not discuss this here as the topic is something different. My mistake for starting it.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

1.1M Tourney Dark Elves
Classic list:
4 Blitzers
7 Linemen

3 RR
1 Apoth
+1 CL/AC

Alternative (more spice):
1 Witch Elf
2 Blitzers
1 Runner
7 Linemen

3 RR
1 Apoth
1 CL + 1 AC

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
a few of these surprised me, so I just had to add my own:

Chaos
I've been quite succesful with this build. Yes, 2 RRs is a risk, but I've found Mighty Blow to make a massive difference in the first few games.

1 Minotaur (150K)
3 CWs (450K)
7 Beastmen (870K)
2 ReRolls (990K)
10K for FF1 or treasury

Dark Elfs
Seriously? Dark elfs without a witch elf? I find their dodge skill to be absolutely invaluable. I run the ball on the witch, and have a very good shot at skilling her up to blodge after game 1.
1 Witch Elf (110K)
3 Blitzers (410K)
7 Linemen (900K)
2 ReRolls (1000K)

Ogres
Perhaps not worth an update, but I go with set-up number 1, but instead of banking 40K for ogre #6, I start with 1 extra snotling and 1CL+1AC. I spend my first cash on a few more snotlings, then an apoth, before I finally start shooting for ogre #6.

Skaven
Yikes. I'm not a big skaven coach - but we gotta have a suggested roster for skaven. Howsabout:
1 Ratogre (160K)
2 Blitzers (340K)
2 Gutters (500K)
1 Thrower (570K)
5 Linemen (820K)
3 ReRolls (1000K)
- or go with 2 ReRolls and an apoth. Skaven are squishy after all.

Vampires
I think 3 vampires on the starting team is the right balance. To save on the biting, I don't activate them all every turn. LOS blocking for example is definately not a task for vampires!

3 vamps (330K)
4 ReRolls (610K)
9 thralls (970K)
30K for 3FF or apothmoney

Wood Elfs
No Catchers? But they're so awesome. A little bit of dodge goes a long way towards avoiding turnovers. Heck, they even survive the LOS better than a blank lineman in most situations!

2 WarDancer (240K)
1 Catchers (330K)
8 Linemen (890K)
2 RR
10K apothmoney

Cheers :D
Martin

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

I think at TR100 that a Ratogre is too much of a liability and will burn you your rerolls/cause turnover too often. I would favour getting a 12th man/apo.

My line-up would be:

2 x blitzer (180)
3 x GR (240)
6 x Linerat (300)
1 x thrower (70)
3 x RR (180)
FF 3 (or use two FF to turn a linerat into thrower #2 and have FF1/switch a linerat for an apo)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Arngrim
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arngrim »

I just started a Wood Elf team with
2 Wardancers
1 Tree
1Thrower
7 Linelves
1FF
1RR

We'll see how we go, the league is pretty bashy.

Decker_cky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Decker_cky »

Another Human Roster

With Ogre
1 Ogre
4 Blitzer
1 Thrower
5 Lineman
3 RR
30K banked for an APO

A tougher roster than the ones with 3 catchers. Leaves you without S2 AV7 players who could leave you shorthanded early. Also focuses you on your blitzers and linemen, who are the foundation of a great bloodbowl team.