Doom Bowl

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Calthor
Rookie
Rookie

Doom Bowl

Post by Calthor »

Lately, this idea has been bugging me so much, I need to do something with it, otherwise I'll slowly be growing insane.

You all know the fluff of Blood Bowl is about more than just the game itself; just like the world of soccer is more than just soccer.
I feel, however, that the aspect of managing the team as a coach is an aspect of the game currently left mostly ignored - and that is quite understandable. I have been intrigued however, by the possibilities outside the game as well.

So, here is my idea, and I would like to know if there's any interest. If there is enough, I'll start up this league as an on-line league played on the MBBL tool - perhaps in some sort of Beta version.
The league would be about more than just the game. I am still thinking how I'd approach this practically, but this is what you should be thinking about:
*The practical problems of having a minotaur in the team
*Travelling between regions
*Finding new players to join the team
*Dealing with an arrogant star player
*Sabotaging other teams
*Taking care of the morale of the team
And much more...

I'd locate this in a seperate world, not the Warhammer World, as I'll also want to mess with the teams extremely... (Yeah, I know: this might scare some of you off. But I can't ignore the potential of some of the ideas I have...)

Anyway, I'll be looking for anything in between 6-16 teams to start this up... Please all, let me know if you're interested.

Reason: ''
Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

I'd like to see what you do these ideas. How long do you think it will be before something is up and running?

Calthor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Calthor »

As I'll be having a rough time ahead, with switching to a new home and the like, I'm guessing... About a month from now. With not all the ideas implemented yet; I'd be adding as we'd go along.
Only thing I need is enough enthusiasm to start. Perhaps five of you and I'll get started.

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

Well I'm interessted as well. If you have any more ideas please post them.

Dendron

Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Blood bowl MMPORG!??!?! :)

Calthor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Calthor »

Ideas are emerging more and more, time on my hands is unfortunately not yet available.

However, I'm heading towards a calmer period of time, so when you check back once in a while... It's only a matter of time.