Anyone fancy a game of Dungeobowl?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Anyone fancy a game of Dungeobowl?

Post by Joemanji »

Because of all the discussions about Dungeonbowl of late, I was doing a search for the rules and found some ready made Dungeonbowl pitches for PBeM.

Anyone fancy a game? :D

Pitches can be found at the bottom of here. Simply save them into the "Images" folder of your Tool.

Rules can be found here: http://www.gruppoludico.it/bloodbowl/dungeonbowl.pdf

I'm thinking normal LRB teams though, not those silly mixed raced things. :shock: With the following modifications:

- Lethal traps trigger a Casualty Table roll.
- Non-lethal traps trigger an Injury roll (stunned goes to reserves).
- You can only be pushed into a trap if there are no other available squares (like being pushed off the sidelines).
- To clarify : A magic sponge may be used on a player who is KO'd only.
- To clarfy: The "Jumping Over Things" rules can be used to jump over prone players or traps in the floor. To succeed a player needs to make an AG roll with a +2 modifier with the following penalties:
___ -1 if there are any TZs on the square jumped to or from (max -1 penalty in total).
___ -1 if for each square leapt over after the first.

(I don't like how a Troll is as good at leaping as an Elf).

Anyone interested?

Cheers
Joe

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

Hmmn. I might use those layouts as inspiration. The teleport one is quite clever, and I like both the layouts that use the WQ tiles.

Sorry, don't play PBeM anymore tho. I realized that I think I am so poor at PBeM is because I can't read the body language/face/tells etc of my opponent. It's my main strength and what (I believe) gives me a winning record and reputation in my league, even though it's not something I do completely consciously. PBeM feels like playing with my eyes closed or something. It took me awhile to realize it but I was getting more frustration than fun out of it.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration here! I'd be interested to hear what board you like the best.

Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

Joe, let me look it over later and we'll see about doing it.

I'm due for something new.

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'd give it a try.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

could be good!

How do you work out which chest the ball is in?

BB7s would be loads of fun too....

hmmm the possibilities!

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

browwnrob wrote:How do you work out which chest the ball is in?
Add 6 free players to your team to represent the chests. Give them ST 99 so they appear black not your team's colour (and no MVPs). The every time a chest is opened roll a D6. On a 6 the ball is found, otherwise it explodes. Re-roll 1s if one chest had already been opened etc, then move down to a D3 when only 3 chests are left. Easy. :)
browwnrob wrote:BB7s would be loads of fun too....

hmmm the possibilities!
Great idea. It would be easy to make a PBeM pitch if you had any graphical talent I guess. So that rules me out. It would be great to test the 2nd ed. Dungeobowl tiles too (found here). So if anyone wants put some of these together and scale them down to PBeM size ... :wink:

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Joemanji wrote:
browwnrob wrote:How do you work out which chest the ball is in?
Add 6 free players to your team to represent the chests. Give them ST 99 so they appear black not your team's colour (and no MVPs). The every time a chest is opened roll a D6. On a 6 the ball is found, otherwise it explodes. Re-roll 1s if one chest had already been opened etc, then move down to a D3 when only 3 chests are left. Easy. :)
browwnrob wrote:BB7s would be loads of fun too....

hmmm the possibilities!
Great idea. It would be easy to make a PBeM pitch if you had any graphical talent I guess. So that rules me out. It would be great to test the 2nd ed. Dungeobowl tiles too (found here). So if anyone wants put some of these together and scale them down to PBeM size ... :wink:
Ask and ye shall recieve :D

BB7s combo Pitch

Beachbowl Combo Pitch

BridgeBowl Pitch

These should all be the right size to work in PBEM, I found these pitches on LOTB, Enjoy :)

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

I made a small mistake in the BB7s pitch, Ill fit it tonight

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Those are pretty cool maps. I'm in for a tourney if you're planning one. :D

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I'm just trying out the rules with these maps first, just to get my bearings. If you want a one off game, let me know. :)

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

so... any word? :wink: