Gore Grail V (group stages)

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

The plan was the top coach in each coach goes right to the final.

Joe

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

I will win over Jackal's Vamps. I am 3-1 up, 1-0 in CAS although there only 3 thralls left on the pitch...

Against Warpstone I am 2-1 up (1-0) and have the ball, but that one's not over yet!

Greets!
M

'Millions of pieces, pieces for free.
Millions of pieces, pieces for me!'
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

Joemanji wrote:So Dendron advances to the final! :D Can anyone pin back Gortex in the Group B?
my lead is not as solid as it seems...

if Brojke wins his other two games, he is in (only 22 points down...2 wins gets him that at a minimum)

If Warpstone beats Brojke, he's most likely in (only 11 points down..he'd have to win only 1-0 to tie me)

If Brojke and Warpstone tie, it'll come down to points between Brojke and I (max 9 for a tie means Warpstone needs to win to advance)..

Assuming Warpstone wins against MJ, with 4 bonus points, he'll need 8 points to tie me and 9 points to outright win from the game with warpstone. From the post above, If warpstone ties it up at 2, then Brojke and I would be tied at 30 points (brojke 8 + 14 + 8 )..he'd only have to get one casualty or one td to get the 4th bonus point.

Looks like the only way for me to advance is for Warpstone to tie that game up, but not allow Brojke to cause anymore casualties :)
I'm thinking too much about this darn it :)

-Xeterog
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Wow, thanks for summing it up Gortex. My head is still swimming with all the possible scenarios, but yup, I basically have to go for broke (no pun intended...okay, maybe a little bit :D ) and get the win to advance.

We've got 5 turns left and I'm threatening to equalize, but I'll be very surprised if I get a third TD without nuffle cursing Brojke with a string of skulls and ones.

Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

Well, I got the win against MJ: 4-1 (1-0).

He went 1-0 up, but not after finishing off several of his thralls. These Vamps really are difficult to defend, especially with Hypno Gaze you need 2 rings of defense.

After that I got TD, and a lucky one after a Blitz! or so. Second half was no game, full Lizzard Squad against 3-5 Thralls and a Vamp.

Against Warpstone much is possible yet! I did not receive his file, so I stil have the ball! :wink:

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Ziggi and I have called our game at 1-0 to Ziggi (since Dendron is already through).

Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

To complecate matters further, Warpstone managed to Strip Ball the ball form me after rerolling Double Skulls. He did not catch the ball after that however, so I can still get it away, I hope.

Got the Blitz on the Blitzer next to him right, and my Tackle Saurus got the Pow/Push, so he will go down. My question to Warpstone now is (as it is such a close call): where does he Sidestep to before being knocked over? On the Ball (which is in the corner of the field)?

Please mail me back with the answer!

Greets!
M

Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

I could not bear to wait any longerm so I decided to let the Tool pick the square. The Blitzer ended up next to the ball (I would have put there as well). Luck was with me all the way this turn, the Blitzer was BH, I gto a quasi-screen of Skinks and even a Saurus in, with dodge-rerolls and gfi (while in a Blizzard...).

Stil up 2-1 and now leading in CAS 2-1!

good luck to Warpstone!

Greets!
M

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

Phew not against dwarfs in the final! I got very lucky. I just hope that you two get the game finished quite fast. Perhaps my luck helps me in the finla as well!

:D :D :D :D

Dendron

Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

Well, lost it al in the end!

Warpstone managed to turn me over twice in the second half, and scored the winning td in the end.

Warpstone - Brokje 3-2 (1-2 CAS)

That means a Skaven - Elfs final, I guess!

Thanks and good luck guys!
M

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Dendron vs Warpstone in the final then. Feel free to get this started whenever you like guys. :)

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

The game versus Brokje will probably be the highlight of the tourny for me:

A quick recap:

First Half
  • - We get a blizzard and play the whole bloody match with extra dangerous GFI's and limited passing.

- I'm all set for a normal two-turn passing score during the opening drive when the thrower fumbles and the skinks grab a quick TD on the counter.

- Brokje and I go on to exchange a TD each before halftime
Second Half
  • - I pressure the skinks until I get a smash grab TD in the corner of the endzone on Turn 5.

- The ball carrying skink is protected by two saurii on the sideline of midfield by turn 7. My lineman makes my last attempt at saving the game: he makes a 3+ and 2+ dodge, followed by a 5+ dodge to get between the saurii and deliver a 2d against block that comes up Defender Stumbles & Pushback! On top of that, the ball gets thrown in front of my blodging blitzer that's in the lizard half! :o

- Brokje's skink falls down after my blitzer gets knocked down and the ball scatters into the endzone. Leaving me only to stand the blitzer back up to pick up the game winning TD on turn 8, which on a 2+ roll he does.
It was a brutally harsh result for Brokje, who would probably have won this match 9 times out of 10.

I'm pretty sure Dendron's going to blow me out in the final, but this might be the most nailbiting game I've ever played in pbem.

Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

Thanks for the kind words, but do not say I was unlucky. Throughout the game I got POWs and hardly failed dodges and gfi's.

The nailbiting sure was right, though!

Greets!
M

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Just to tie up loose ends.

Ziggi - Valen 0-0 (1-2)

called after turn 2 of 2nd half with Valen in posession of the ball.

In the future we should really do something to get rid on the problem where half the games become meaningless before they are half through. Next tournament could be double elimination from the start, no group stage, or something along those lines.

Ziggi

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Nuffle-spc-Sucks,white,black.png[/img][/url]
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Thanks Ziggi. :D

I guess having 2 go through from each group would partially solve that. I think this was just a bad confluence of events ... Dendron being the fastest player and winning all of his games. The other group had no "dead rubbers" at all. :)