TBB only league on FUMBBL anyone?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

ill not rest until you are back in the league! :lol:

Reason: ''
http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Cloggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cloggy »

I have no problem with it, I just got confused by all the anti Fumbbl propaganda in your signature and location info I guess :)

I tend to take that kinda stuff a little too personally, since I'm quite an active community member over there.

My Bulls have the "Thin Skull" trait. After every block they make, roll a D6. On a 1+ they get ko-ed and stay in the ko-box for the rest of the game.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Oh the war is still on, it is just very quiet as I am but one man :wink: :lol: :lol:

And Rob, never gonna happen, I checked a few days ago just as a matter of interest and I am still banned :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Valen wrote:Its not a problem Cloggy, i just like to have a laugh here every now and then with the people I know on here.
You know people here?

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i'd be conditionally interested in playing in a tbb only league, the condition being finding the time to do it and so on.

i've played a ton of online bb, but not on fumbbl and it's been a while since i've done it at all...i wouldn't even know where to start.

Post by hoomin_erra »

That's ok, play me your first game, i'll coach you through :wink: :D :D :D

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And get Wes off to a winning record. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

No, he's not playing you!! :P :roll:

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

heheh well not to brag but my historical win% for online bb is about .800 so i'd like to think i'll have a winning record here as well. :)

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

ok all kidding aside how do i get going with this. all the topics in the help area for online/pbem seem centered on pbem...plus i doubt they're totally accurate since this is a different league.

i know when i used to play online bb back in the day there was an irc chat server...and i still have mirc on my pc... do i still need that, and if so where do i go with that?

edit-i did end up going to fumbbl.com and dl'ing the skijunkie client, but can't get it to work. when i click on the bbowl.jar icon i get an error, but unfortunately it pops up and disappears way too fast to actually read the error message.

Legend

Post by browwnrob »

do you have java 1.4 installed?

if your unsure run cmd from the start menu and type java -version if you dont have java download it here...
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i got it to work last night with help from the fummbl admins...i had installed the WRONG program from the java page.

works great now.

might actually get to play sometime!

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

application sent!
username: python
team name: apocalypse drow

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

wow did i really misspell my own team name on the system? apparently i'm "apocalipse drow"...how lame is that?

anybody know if i can edit that, or do i have to delete the whole team and start over>?

Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

You can edit it. Or rather you can get a mod/admi/whatever-they-call-it-person to do it for you.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?