TBB only league on FUMBBL anyone?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

TBB only league on FUMBBL anyone?

Post by browwnrob »

I was thinking about making a TBB member only league over at FUMBBL but hadnt decided on a format or anything. I have another tourney running but that didnt go so well because i had 128 members sign up in 2-3 days and well most of them just left, but with a TBB bunch i dont think that would be the case!

Its just an idea at this stage and i havent decided anything just wondering what peeps think of it?

Rob

People who are definitely interested

Arkeo
Brownrob
Harald
Squig_87
Taffsadar
Valen-Swift

Reason: ''
http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

count me in

-Xeterog
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

I like the idea.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

the reason wanting TBB'ers is that a lot of you know each other and are friends IRL so there would be less chance of dropuots etc and it would also be good for a bit of banter here!! :)

If i were to make a league what would structure should it have? open/closed roundrobin/challenge??? How many coaches/group would you like to see? Would anyone be willing to help me out as staff for the group?

Rob

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Gus
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gus »

i would be interested, depending on the frequency etc.

I do it for the pun of it !
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

same as Gus

having problems with home internet at the moment so later rather than sooner

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

yeah its going to have to be later rather than sooner...

having connection probs myself and hope to have broadband in near future but keep putting it off! might have it starting in new year

Just fire forward suggestions about frequency of matches, number of players in a league, anything really to do with the format of the league that you would like to see in it

Rob

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

It's about time I picked up real time internet BB again. I would be interested, but only in a format that doesn't have fixed matches. You could require like an 8 match minimum for ranking purpposes (every match less than 8 counts as a concession for ranking purposes and you can only add a new team of all your teams have played 8 matches). This way there's a bit of a stimulance for people to keep on playing. You wouldn't want to be caught in last place when the results get periodically posted in a sticky on TBB ;)

PS The number 8 is just for explanatory purposes, you culd make it 4 or 10 or 25 or 1000 or 3, whatever you like :D

Nuffle Sucks!
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Duke Jan wrote:You wouldn't want to be caught in last place when the results get periodically posted in a sticky on TBB ;)
Yeah and the replays of the matches would be there for all to see! ;)

Ill have to take a list of interested parties, if you are interested then pm me on fumbbl (my nick is now brownrob) or pm me here or post here!

Cheers!

Rob

Dropdeadfred
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Dropdeadfred »

dont mind helping out sometime

[color=Green][size=134]Blurgh[/size][/color]
Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

It would be great to have a league for this community, with real Blood Bowl coaches. This morning someone with a vampire team refused to play against my Chaos team after looking at my roster. He had five vampires and enough thralls to have at least ten, probably eleven players. My roster had:

2 Rookie Chaos Warriors
6 Rookie Beastmen
1 Beastman with Claw

Oh no! One claw! He can't play against anyone with claw! Its so overpowered! When I pick out a match, I look at the number of games played and the TR (you can min/max TR with a veteran team). Sure, I might try to find someone else to play against before the guy focusing on Dirty Player (you know what he's in the league for), but if anything my team was a great team to try to beat up and get TDs on!

If TBB had its own league, I think we'd play more like a real league. I also think we'd have a more consistent quality level in our coaching. I'm not the greatest, but 4 of the 5 coaches I've faced so far had no clue how to protect the ball, and could barely play defense. They got plenty of two-die blocks, but not much else. Some of these coaches just want to rush through games against soft teams to get their SPPs and earnings. What's the point?

To be fair I should mention that I found a game for the nine man Chaos team, and the opposing coach was very nice, even though with a fresh eleven player roster he lost 3-0. And claw had nothing to do with the result.

Dropdeadfred
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Dropdeadfred »

i bet if he did play you that claw would kill one f his vamps and he would disconnect :) : )

am i right?
or am i right?

set up the rules and what have you rob and ill staff it for ya cos iv got broadband weeee

[color=Green][size=134]Blurgh[/size][/color]
squig87
Veteran
Veteran

Post by squig87 »

I'd play...

Berrrlitz!!!
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

I'd be up fot it , love to here these guys whining with my fouls :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

Count me in too!
Later rather than sooner as well...