Playing online

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rev
Experienced
Experienced

Playing online

Post by Rev »

I'm intrested in playing BB online, and have been checking out MBBL rules.

is mbbl user friendly - i've no experience with this kind of thing but am up for learning - does anyone have any experience or advice they can offer an online BB newcomer?

thanks

Reason: ''
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

First you need to know if you prefer playing by mail or through the java software, the difference is :

- By mail you play your turn then send it to your opponent who will play his send back etc ... so games can take around 1 or 2 week (not sure i m not familliar with it)

- If you wanna play with the jawa the game are played instantanely takin a little more than one hour. (if you want this solution check Fumbbl who is most popular site)

As a sidenot, the java software is really friendly as it does everything (count the blockingdices, rolls them, use the skills etc ...). I ve played with the mail cleint some years ago and it was a little less automated, don t know how it is yet.

I would advice you to give both a try and then decide wich you choose.

Stop stalling, i ll stop one-turning !
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

However (and if I'm wrong here please correct me) afaik the only way to play the PBBL rules (atm) is PBeM.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Re: Playing online

Post by Mad Jackal »

Rev wrote:I'm intrested in playing BB online, and have been checking out MBBL rules.

is mbbl user friendly - i've no experience with this kind of thing but am up for learning - does anyone have any experience or advice they can offer an online BB newcomer?

thanks
Rev.

Drop me your e-mail via pm and we'll set up a practice match with the MBBL rules. And get you some links for help guides with the tool.

I think Darkson is correct. The only PBBL online leagues I know of are PBEM. -The MBBL being the one headed by the Blood Bowl Champion.

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
schnitzelmitpommes
Rookie
Rookie

Post by schnitzelmitpommes »

by the way is there any software for PBEM wich runs under Mac Os X ?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

schnitzelmitpommes wrote:by the way is there any software for PBEM wich runs under Mac Os X ?
No

The PBeM software is written in Delphi ... and Delphi does not make a Mac OS compiler ... sorry ... I've checked many times on this.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Any way, Fumbbl rules! Although the rule change over may not ever happen (according to unreliable sources) and you'll be playing LRB 4 there for a while.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

yeah, and they can get pretty heated over there with LRB5, im doing my best to take a long break from it, though its pretty hard when work is as exciting as it is... :roll:

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I could really start an arguement against "fumbbl rules" but I can't be arsed for that to start all over again.
Needless to say, some people perfer PBeM, some Fumbbl, some both, and some neither, and none of those positions is right or wrong.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:Needless to say, some people perfer PBeM, some Fumbbl, some both, and some neither, and none of those positions is right or wrong.
Agreed

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

I'm interested in starting to PBEM, how would I go about it?

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ask someone here to walk you through a game or two with the PBeM tool.

Or join one of the PBeM leagues, and ask someone from those forums.

If you like the LRB 5 rules, join the MBBL, which is the closet to it (it's at PBBL1.11 atm). If you prefer LRB 4, go to PBeMBBL, or if you're up for total craziness (yay!) go to the MBBL2.

Or do what many do, and join all of them. ;)

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Re: Playing online

Post by hoomin_erra »

Mad Jackal wrote:The MBBL being the one headed by the Blood Bowl Champion.
Grotuk heads the MBBL??

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wake up Rob, Grotuk's not the BB Champion, Chris Blair is. :roll:

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

i thoight Tom was the BB champion as said so by Jervis?

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested