REBBL.com

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

REBBL.com

Post by dendron »

I knew that the www.REBBL.com is no longer active but now the web side is removed from the net.
So there are only two ways to play BB per Email MEBBL and PBEMBBL. The last one is not so active how the MEBBL.

I count the MEBBL2 as part from the MEBBL.

Thanks to anybody who kept the REBBL so long. I hope there will come more leagues to play online...

Dendron

Reason: ''
Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Just for the record ... there is no E in the MBBL and MBBL2.

Also counting them as the same isn't something I would do as they have nothing in common with each other.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

And the PBEMBBL is no longer being maintained by Juergen, so expect that to decline as the years pass and updates are missed (for example it will not be adopting LRB5).

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

So if i wanted to get in to PBEM BB, whats the best thing to do?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Depends what you want:

LRB 5 (or thereabouts): MBBL: http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL/

LRB 4: PBeMBBL: http://www.pbembbl.org/index.php

LRB 4 (going to 5 at some point) with 88 teams and lots of houserules: MBBL2: http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL2/

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Right, cheers Simon.

Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Re: REBBL.com

Post by Mad Jackal »

dendron wrote:I knew that the www.REBBL.com is no longer active but now the web side is removed from the net.
So there are only two ways to play BB per Email MEBBL and PBEMBBL. The last one is not so active how the MEBBL.

I count the MEBBL2 as part from the MEBBL.

Thanks to anybody who kept the REBBL so long. I hope there will come more leagues to play online...

Dendron
As one of the last admins who just couldn't keep up. I wanted to apologize to everyone.... It was a fun league while it lasted, but it just got to be so much work when tchatt and the other admins got short on time at the same time I did...
Checking the gamefiles got so tedious. So many un-documented re-loads or re-winds. And no real 2nd level cheat detection to weed out the errors from the cheaters...

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

I've tried joining PBEMBBL but it seems the mods with permission to add you on are pretty busy.

BTW, what setup does it take to host a league? I know that both PBEMBBL and MBBL use phpBB to some degree, but would it be possible to use their custom code for loading gamefiles, etc?

I've got server space burning a hole in my pocket, plus I know enough php and web dev stuff to get myself into trouble :)