PBEMBBL is showing signs of life...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

PBEMBBL is showing signs of life...

Post by Aliboon »

To any PBEMBBLeaguers out there, the site seems to be doing something. I've just managed to upload a game without the previous error coming up. So hopefully whatever the database problem was has now been sorted (Cheers Dendron and Dr Craq).

It would be cool to get the league up and running again for those who like their BB pure and unadulterated....

Reason: ''
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

That sounds promising. Can new members sign up now? I tried a year ago but got no response.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

That sounds promising. Can new members sign up now? I tried a year ago but got no response.
I don't see why not-I think the admins are Dendron and Dr Craq who I'm sure can be found on TBB. The joining request forum is full of Spam, so it'd probably be better if you go direct to them.

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

Sorry but now good news up to now. We cannot access to the database and from that point we cannot add new users.

Sorry mate. But we will try to fix these issues as soon as we can.

Cheers Dendron

Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I went back and tried to delete the spam from the sign-up forum, but I don't have the same forum admin access as I do here, so it's slow going.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

@dendron: damn, I totally forgot this - why didn't you keep me bombing with e-mails? I will try to install phpmyadmin as soon as possible.

A forum upgrade should also be done, but I am not sure if the login hacks will still work then...

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

Darkson wrote:I went back and tried to delete the spam from the sign-up forum, but I don't have the same forum admin access as I do here, so it's slow going.
I just checked and you already are admin - are you speaking of any mods that help administrate the forum (or just the basic stuff improved in the new phpbb version) ?

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

On the TBB Admin screen, I can pull up a list of users, sort them how I like, and active/delete/ban them as necessary.

On the PBeMBBL Admin screen, I don't have a list of users, I have to pull them up one at a time (normally having to copy/paste their names from the forum), go in to user maintenence and active/delete them individually.

I've no idea if that's a mod that JonnyP's added or not - I'd suggest you send him a PM to ask.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

thats probably a mod - I installed something that sounds very identical to another forum

Juergen

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

Well the pbembbl should be back. All we need is some active coaches who want to play a few games.

If any new coach would like to join just write me a pm and I will add him after he told me his forum name for the pbembbl forum. Please be patient as my colleque DrCraq is not available at the moment so I have to do all the fixes alone.

Thanks in advance.

Dendron

Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

all hail PBEMBBL.org

lol
Yup I am back

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Shame about the 'sessions' error on the page LOL

Would be nice to have a look at the site

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Do you have a LRB5 league or is it just LRB4?

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just LRB4.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Losers :wink: :lol: :lol:

That was a joke before you all jump on me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!