Gore Grail VII sign up

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Gore Grail VII sign up

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Hello all!

I'm now quite certain who'll be running the next GG (Valen?), but I thought we should have a separate thread for that, so taking from the GGVI thread we have:
  • Ziggi Abschuss
    Valen *
    Warpstone *
    dendron *
    Joemanji *
    kithor2002 *
    Meradanis *
    Darkson? *
*) team picks received

Alright! The groups are as follows:

Code: Select all

Group A   
dendron   Dwarf
Valen        High Elf
Meradanis   Dark Elf
kithor2002  Norse

Group B    
Warpstone    Skaven
Ziggi         Amazon
Darkson      Undead
Joemanji     Orc
Please make your rosters everyone and post them to me. Otherwise you are free to kick off...

Ziggi

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Nuffle-spc-Sucks,white,black.png[/img][/url]
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Yep I'm in. :)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Meradanis »

Just to make sure I understand the concept of the Gore Grail correctly: It's some kind of tourney, played via the pbem tool ?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

LRB 5 tourney rules? - Why not.

LRB4 tourney rules - HELL YEAH!

LRB5 league rules (i don't think they are, but just to be sure) - not in 100 years.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Just adding here how GGV and GGVI were played:
  • LRB5
    no cards
    10 points for a victory
    5 points for a tie
    0 points for a loss
    up to 4 points for TD or blocking cas (no fouls or crowd pushes)
    TV of no more than 120
    You can "buy" skills for your players to start with, or leave money in the treasury with which to buy Inducements
    No more than one skill per player, and no more than one doubles skill per team.
    No stat increases would be allowed at all.
    No skill progression between games.
Everyone PMed dendron the team they wanted to use (in secret). If they were the only person to request that team then they could use it. But if 2 or more coaches ask to use the same team, then all of them would instead use a random team instead (unused teams come out of the hat first). Dendron used a randomized team.

Games were played in two groups. After the group phase was over we had a single elimination tourney with group winners getting a bye on the quarter finals stage. (I guess we planned a double elimination, but ran out of steam).

But all that said, I dont think there is any need to remain fixed to that although I would still like to keep LRB5 (even if GGVI is about all the experience I have)

Ziggi

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Nuffle-spc-Sucks,white,black.png[/img][/url]
dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

I would like to join as well!

I have a Cup to defend!

8)

Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ziggi Abschuss wrote:or leave money in the treasury with which to buy Inducements
With that in, no thanks.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

I'm interested :D

Can you choose the team or is a race selected for everyone?
Do you pm Dendron for the team selection again?

And please LRB5 :wink: 8)

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I am away on work at the mopment Ziggi, if you want to run this one and I will run the next one, go for it mate

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Ziggi Abschuss wrote:Just adding here how GGV and GGVI were played:
  • LRB5
    no cards
    10 points for a victory
    5 points for a tie
    0 points for a loss
    up to 4 points for TD or blocking cas (no fouls or crowd pushes)
    TV of no more than 120
    You can "buy" skills for your players to start with, or leave money in the treasury with which to buy Inducements
    No more than one skill per player, and no more than one doubles skill per team.
    No stat increases would be allowed at all.
    No skill progression between games.
Everyone PMed dendron the team they wanted to use (in secret). If they were the only person to request that team then they could use it. But if 2 or more coaches ask to use the same team, then all of them would instead use a random team instead (unused teams come out of the hat first). Dendron used a randomized team.
Like it, apart from the red bit (which my idea IIRC). It is no fun to be stuck with a team you hate or don't like for 6 games or so. I say just let people take what they like. Or at least allow second and third choices.

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Joemanji wrote:
Ziggi Abschuss wrote: Everyone PMed dendron the team they wanted to use (in secret). If they were the only person to request that team then they could use it. But if 2 or more coaches ask to use the same team, then all of them would instead use a random team instead (unused teams come out of the hat first). Dendron used a randomized team.
Like it, apart from the red bit (which my idea IIRC). It is no fun to be stuck with a team you hate or don't like for 6 games or so. I say just let people take what they like. Or at least allow second and third choices.
Valen and dendron, if you dont mind I'll kick off the planning for the GG VII with target of kicking off the tournament during week 2 2008. So lets discuss the rules:

I agree with Joemanji. Lets everyone pick 3 teams in order of preference and select from those so that there is no overlap.
Darkson wrote:
Ziggi Abschuss wrote:or leave money in the treasury with which to buy Inducements
With that in, no thanks.
How do others feel about the Inducements? I'm ready to loose them if no one is too keen on them. Otherwise the rules are as stated above.

Ziggi

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Sweet. Thanks for getting this going Ziggi.

Regarding team selection: nominate your three preferred teams in order of preference. The Commish can basically pull the names out of a hat and if your highest rated team is still available, you get that roster. If all three choices are used up you either
a) get to pick from what's left after the first round of selection is done (Commish posts the teams that are not spoken for and gives out teams on a first come, first served basis)
b) you get a random team
c) you get a stunty side :)

BTW, can we use the experimental rosters/rules or are we sticking with straight up LRB5?

With TV only being 120, I can't say I give flying squig about inducements. It will probably be a non-factor for me. Actually, it might even make a stunty side good enough to finish second last :wink:

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Ziggi Abschuss wrote:How do others feel about the Inducements? I'm ready to loose them if no one is too keen on them. Otherwise the rules are as stated above.Ziggi
I'm happy to use Inducements. All of them are worse value than a normal team, with the possible exception of Stunty teams.

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Right, so now that I've finished putting on some holiday pounds that I'm never going to lose, I'm up for this tourny to get going. Anything I can do to kickstart it?

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

I guess the only open question are the inducements. Lets have a vote. I'm ready to either way. Apart from that, I'm eagerly waiting for your team picks to start coming. (I can be the Commish - I'll pick a team after everyone else has - not random but something I like from the ones left.

Ziggi

=> Ziggi.Abschuss (at) gmail(dot)com