The Red Trophy - Cardiff, Wales - 28th July 2018

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: The Red Trophy - Cardiff, Wales - 28th July 2018

Post by sann0638 »

Sockett77 wrote:I'm interested, but I havent played since 2nd edition. Just bought the new box and death zones, is there a complete list of what you do/ don't use in the tourney?
2nd edition? As in polystyrene board, first to 3, no block dice? Impressive if so, 2 weeks to get up to speed!

Here's a nice intro to tournament play: https://www.thenaf.net/2017/07/new-to-tournaments/

And I would humbly put forward my intro video to the 3rd ed game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DObbJOz ... JgOt29XfK9

Happy to answer any questions - are you going to be able to get games in beforehand? Where are you based?

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Sockett77
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sockett77 »

Moved to St Athan, going to teach my ten year old daughter and use her as block-fodder. Lol

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

Sockett77 wrote:Moved to St Athan, going to teach my ten year old daughter and use her as block-fodder. Lol
Is there any other point in having kids?

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Hobnail wrote:
Sockett77 wrote:Moved to St Athan, going to teach my ten year old daughter and use her as block-fodder. Lol
Is there any other point in having kids?
Mermaids, unicorns, barbie...

@Sockett77 loads of helpful coaches on the tournement sceen just let your opponents know your a bit rusty, i'm sure there will be plenty of help if needed.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Sockett77 wrote:I'm interested, but I havent played since 2nd edition. Just bought the new box and death zones, is there a complete list of what you do/ don't use in the tourney?
You would be absolutely more than welcome, and thanks to Mike for pointing you in the right direction for the introduction to tournament play. However in the interest of honesty and fairness I would keep in mind this is a 4-game 1-dayer, which is a lot to cram in and means games will be more time pressured at certain points. The atmosphere will be as friendly and welcoming as ever on the Blood Bowl tournament scene, but you may find that your decision making is rushed sometimes and when you're just getting back into the game I understand if this may be stressful.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

There's plenty of us local to Cardiff/Newport if you have a free evening before the tournament and fancy a couple of practice games as well to get you up to speed. And there's a tournament this Sunday in Newport if you want to pop along and get to know some of the locals or watch a game or 2 :D

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

BUT WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING I HEAR YOU ASK?!?!?

Yeah it occurred to me that I hadn't specified, and although it's common practice in pretty much every tournament for people to bring their own boards, I was momentarily gripped with the paranoia that as I hadn't specified it, no one would.

So yeah.

Please bring boards.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by KhorneliusPraxx »

My wife and I just stopped by to check out Firestorm Games...most impressive.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:My wife and I just stopped by to check out Firestorm Games...most impressive.
To be fair I lived in Cardiff for uni for 3 years and I never went, my first visit was for Foul Bowl last year and it's quality.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Imagine living 5 mins up the road from there :D

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

It's a great place, once you get past the punch of Geek Funk whilst walking in to the building on a hot afternoon

ps i might be along for this if late sign-ups are ok (prob only know by wednesday)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Are Manicmechanic and Skab NAF members?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Paid up and coming along!

NAF Name: Cornish
7able
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 7able »

Hi there!

Even though I'm not participating, could it be possible to pop in and become a member of the NAF? If I read correctly, it costs a £5, right?

Cheers! :D

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yep!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler