PBEM Tournament

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Dark Lord wrote:Anyone with a half ounce of programming knowledge could probably load the java dice and there is no way to catch them.
Ok, i admit that i've never played with Javabowl, so i can't address that point. It may be true. But i do know that with BBirc, there's no way in hell to do that, since the dice are rolled on a remote computer.

Reason: ''
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

And to reply to his other posts, and especially stuff like this:
a-holes like Zombie
That's it, i now suspect Dark Lord to be Pariah in disguise.

Seriously, why resort to name calling when your arguments fail? I'll never understand that.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay DL ... maybe Blood-Bowl.net could sponser this.

I'm going to be getting "stuff" ... who knows what from GW for running the GenCon Bowl. Now I only have use for so much so stuff so maybe we could run a weekend tournament where the players agree to be online for the weekend. If you did 3 games and then 2 games, you could probably pull it off. Could offer up some of my "stuff" from the GenCon Bowl as prizes to give it some weight ... which is what I think you are looking for.

Wait until after GenCon and I might be able to pull it off. Time Zones are a b*tch though to pull this off as we'd have to agree to the round times up front. ... like 9-11 am, 12-2pm, and 3-5pm CST for the first day which would make the last round 10-Midnight London time, and repeat the 9-11 am, 12-2pm the next day to wrap it up around 9 pm London time. Also an IM channel or such would be pretty important to hit the 2 hour times.

Would this be what you had in mind DL?

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dammit, wait until I get broadband.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

That's really cool Galak.
But don't short change anyone at Gen Con for this!

As for Zombie...boy, you are quick, everyone else figured it out months ago. And I resorted to name calling because that is what you want isn't it? I mean really what are you doing in here if you don't like the NAF or tournamnets or PBeM? You have nothing to contribute and you have not left after I asked you several times to do so and even when a mod has asked you to stop, you continue.

I think that qualifies you for the name I called you.

Now, do you have anything positive to contribute or would you like to tell us all once again that you don't like PBeM and would rather play it on some other format that none of us like?

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I said in my first post of the thread that i'd be interested in such a tournament if it was based on Javabowl or BBirc. That's positive contribution.

As for you getting a new alias (once again), that's really lame. And i suppose thise means you're also the one who replied to his own post saying he agreed. Even lamer.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Zombie, DL's right on this. This is a thread about a Pbem tournament. It's not a thread about the relative merits of java or BBirc.
You've already made it clear that you're not interested, so what the hell are you doing on this thread other than provoking pointless argument?
I'm getting more than a little tired of this, this is exactly what dragged down BBC. If you don't want to contribute positively, butt out. If you're not interested in a Pbem tourney, don't post. How difficult can it be?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I made a simple assertion about my interest in such a tournament. That was totally on topic. Then i replied to other people's comments about how no internet program right now (including PBeM) was cheat proof enough to give NAF rankings. Then i got insulted by you know who, but defended my arguments objectively instead of resorting to name calling. So tell me again, what have i done wrong here?

The only thing i see anyone doing wrong here is Pariah once again insulting people for no reason.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Zombie wrote:I made a simple assertion about my interest in such a tournament. That was totally on topic. Then i replied to other people's comments about how no internet program right now (including PBeM) was cheat proof enough to give NAF rankings. Then i got insulted by you know who, but defended my arguments objectively instead of resorting to name calling. So tell me again, what have i done wrong here?

The only thing i see anyone doing wrong here is Pariah once again insulting people for no reason.
Pariah said (reasonably IMO):
I like PBeM and it's the topic of this thread. Please stop hijacking my thread. If you want to play a javabowl tournamnet than go start a new thread.
To which you chose to reply:
I didn't know that men had periods too!
DL replied (without biting on your bait):
Zombie go flame and instigate elsewhere because you are not welcome here.
So you fish some more (and drag in a reference to a completely different thread that a) was nothing to do with you and b) is a complete misconception anyway).
Haha, you're funny! You get insulted as easily as the French mascott (whatever his name is).
I'm not instigating. I really like the idea of a TBB tournament, but not if it's PBeM.
And this is you keeping on topic until insulted is it? Don't take people for idiots, we can read, we can follow a simple chronological thread and what's more we can recognise old patterns too, despite your protestations of innocence.
Now (again), contribute positively or don't bother at all.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Doesn't excuse dark lord for insulting me or accusing of flaming when I certainly did not

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Grumbledook wrote:Doesn't excuse dark lord for insulting me or accusing of flaming when I certainly did not
No you're right, it doesn't. 'Dimwit' was OTT and out of order. DL's repeated point was that this is a thread about a Pbem tournament, not the relative merits/ability to cheat at javabowl, hence the 'that's nice..go and discuss it elsewhere' post. Your reply to the effect of 'why, so that the point doesn't get made?' was a little inflammatory IMO. It started getting out of hand, so I asked you both to back off a little.
Christ, it's like being in a f*cking schoolyard sometimes. :cry:

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Wasn't the initial post also about NAF ranking it as well, thats what my points were about and he just dismissed them, maybe i was a little bit blunt but why start a discussion if you aren't going to accept people valid opinions on the topic and tell them to go elsewhere.

Anyhoo I am going to refrain from posting on this thread now, I have said my peice and made my point.

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

I'm sorry, I snapped at you Grumbledook.

I was just getting sick of that buzzing fly trying to start an argument here.
You weren't trying to start an argument, you just got caught in the crossfire. :oops:

I'm sorry, you are not a dimwit.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Thanks appreciate the apology and look forward to maybe taking part.

BlanchPrez
Legend
Legend

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey guys,

I realize that I came into this late, but I am interested in this as well. I do have one strike against me, though. I've never played PBeM before. I am interested, however, for two reasons.

First, the same reason DL gave. I'll be attending one NAF sancationed tourney this year, and that's only because I'm putting it on. So, an alternative way to get a ranking in NAF would be good to me, even if it's kept seperatly.

Secondly, while I like JavaBowl, I am finding myself not having time to play a game of BB over my computer like that, so PBeM is looking more tempting all the time.

So, if you'd be interested in having a PBeM newbie in your tourney, let me know. :)

Chris

At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"