MM II: Manticore Mug, 6 Oct, Dreamscreator wins (again!)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MM II: Manticore Mug, Teams pg1, Draw pg5

Post by Wobert »

Everybodys Dead Dave picks Norse and Justin Easby goes for Necromantic - 2 of the top teams last time out

Reason: ''
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 4 - Still loads of decent teams in the mix

Next out is, and I hope he won't take this the wrong way, but a surprise front runner last year. AngryHobbit held the top table for a couple of rounds before eventually slipping away. However short his rein was, like the man himself, it was glorious!

His opponent . . . . one of the stalwarts of the Welsh national team. He has a history of doing well at my events but never quite getting his hands on the silverware, but he's always there or thereabouts. 20Phoenix - its you and your mythical birds!

PMs incoming.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Flying along today!

Angryhobbit chooses Chaos Dwarfs

20Phoenix selects Orcs

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 5 - last one for the day!

This is a peach of a pearing (I come close to mixing my fruit metaphors) as its 2 coaches who will no doubt be vying near the top in later rounds.

First is a former SW Champion, another member of Team Wales and holder of countless NAF trophies . . . . honestly he must be able to almost proxy the trophies he has as a BB team all by itself (bloody show off). Always one with a poker face, Dionysian.

His opponent is heavily involved in the Team England organisation and pulling the committee together. Spoiler alert, he has my vote when the committee elections begin. A top, top coach, I've never beaten him (so his BB powers must be god like!), it's Speedingbullet.

Message on its way.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

This is by far my favourite so far . . . . both coaches had the same top 2 choices (and no, I'm not saying what it was) so have their 3rd choices.

This means . . . .

Speedingbullet takes Elf Union
Dionysian selects Vampires

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 6

First out is another coach I don't know! I could just make up some random stuff . . . . but I've done that already with Nathan. I'm sure he'll get a warmer reception than his name implies - its Cold Climate!

His opponent is one of the 3 people that finished with the same record last year and so had to rely on bonus points to separate out who had won it overall. It was jolly exciting let me tell you. Merrick, poor, sweet Merrick came so close to his first ever NAF shield . . . . but I like to think we're all about 2nd chances . . . so this year maybe?

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

ColderClimate selects Khemri

Merrick chooses Humans

Still (surprisingly) some very good teams left in the available pool as we're approaching the half way point. This is my favourite part as there will be some very nervous coaches left spying the really poor teams and hoping to goodness they get picked sooner rather than later.

The next draw is tonight!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MM II: Manticore Mug, 1 space available

Post by Wobert »

Firstly, we have a drop out of someone not been yet . . . one space available. if anyone is keen contact me asap!

Draft 7

The next pair is quite neat. Easby jnr is already out the hat but this time its Easby Snr. He is the father in one of 2 father and son teams. His opponent is the son in the other father and son duo at Manticore Mug. WWE2015 already has a tournament win to his name this year which doubles the number of events he's won. Thats a lot more than a great many seasoned coaches I can think of.

PMs incoming!

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Re: MM II: Manticore Mug, 1 space available!

Post by Heartsbane »

Me me me me! I somehow failed to sign up in time, so would be very grateful to take the spare spot. Again. This is becoming something of a habit, but at least this time I haven't been stitched up in the team pics...

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MM II: Manticore Mug, 1 space available!

Post by Wobert »

Then it's all yours, I'll drop you a PM later

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MM II: Manticore Mug, full again!

Post by Wobert »

. . .and the results are in! We have another first choice tie which means both coaches get their 2nd choice.

Easby Snr has High Elfs

WWE2015 takes Skaven

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 8

Over the half way point and so its arguably downhill from here! Team choices get really interesting from this point. A couple of decent teams left in there . . . but if coaches pick them in the same order then they remain in the pot. Its happened twice so far . . . . .

Next out is another local coach who will be featuring on one of the BB7 special play cards. Now, never one to miss a plug, have I told you about that? We've been holding a series of mid week BB7s tournaments at Incom Games and there's one more left in 2018 to crown an overall winner. All attendees to the next one will get a pack of 7 special play cards as part of their entry free, all custom designed.

Anyway . . . enough of that . . . . .next out the hat is Alatos! He's mostly a Goblin or Human coach, surely he'll take something different here though right?

His opponent is the last of the new faces that I don't really know . . . .so I'd better be polite. Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once . . . . its Rene Hawes!

PMs / Emails on their way!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Choices made!

Alatos selects Amazons

Rene has Dark Elfs

10 teams / coaches left!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Draft 9

Now this seems hardly fair. We had a drop out and yesterday someone jumped into the free spot. You would think that's its only right in appreciation of this they would stay in the hat until the very end. No. Bloody queue jumpers! We're British don't you know and there's an orderly line here! Heartsbane, you've broken all kinds of social conventions!

His opponent is a man who will be feeling right at home with the remaining team choices. Where most people lean towards tier 1 and successful teams, Andswin has a NAF record all about the left field choices and the unusual. Strange how going near the end may actually help some people!

PMs on their way!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

The results are in . . . . .

Heartsbane and takes Bretonnians

Andswin selects Chaos Renegades.