GenCon Bowl 2003 T-Shirt Image

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

GenCon Bowl 2003 T-Shirt Image

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay I was just going to not do one, but when I found out yesterday that the GenCon Bowl 2003 was going to most likely be the largest BB tournament ever held in the US including this year's Chaos Cup.

I decided to try and finish my idea.

I have a feeling that some of you can do better, but no one took me up on my request to send me that something better.

This was the best I could do with the skills I have. Thoughts ... will this be okay?

Galak

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Galak, that's cool! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

That's a reduced image, the real one is 7 x 10 inches in size.

I'm going to try and put it on a T-Shirt to see what it looks like.

It it works. I'll post a link for everyone for the large BMP zipped to download (632k). So you can print off your own Transfers if you want.

I'm sure someone could do better and maybe next year, I'll have this in mind to get an artist in advance, but barring an entry from someone this will be the image I'm going to run with or cries from the world that this just plain sucks.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just a thought, did you try it with the GenCon Bowl logo at the top?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Very nice I would definatly like one. :D

ImageImage
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

That's cool!

The only advice I'd give wouyld be to clean it up just a tad. The "seams" where you cut and pasted are obvious. Don't know if they'll show up on a screen print or not. The shadow around the halfling about to be smooshed and the letters in particular.

Otherwise I think it kicks ass!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Dark Lord wrote:The only advice I'd give wouyld be to clean it up just a tad. The "seams" where you cut and pasted are obvious. Don't know if they'll show up on a screen print or not. The shadow around the halfling about to be smooshed and the letters in particular.
SH*T ... thanks DL ... I didn't even see those shadows. I was saying what the f is he talking about.

Then I tilted my laptop monitor back to almost flat and ... huh ... I don't know how that light purple got there but it has to die.

I have that cleaned up however the effect was that now it doesn't shrink to display here to well .... hmmmmm

I'll repost it shortly.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay posted a new version with a moved GenCon Bowl title as suggested by DW and no more shadows as DL caught.

This image is only 2.5 inches high the full version is 10 so while the Fling about to buy it looks not so great on the 4x version he's fine.

As soon as I see if the image will work on a transfer I'll post the full version.

Galak

The only reason I was willing to put this together is this is GW's tournament (ie there name is on the sponser card ... that's why I couldn't get Phil's Phigs as prizes ... everything has to be GW). If I was the one sponsering it .... I'm not sure I would have worked on this T-shirt image project at all. Having it be GW's shirt for their tournament I think should be okay since no profit is involved.

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

:o Too cool! Only wish I were going.... :-?

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cool, as I said on the NAF, I want one! (and I want to go to the tournament to :( )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Galak you're my hero!

The pic rocks and would look GREAT on a shirt. My wife probably won't let me wear it in public, at least not with her around, but that makes it all the better. Now all I'll need is some instructions on how to get it on a T-shirt and I'll be bringing it to wear during the tourney!!!
THANKS!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay the image transferred well, so it official ... especially since I have many things left to get done for GenCon so I need to keep moving to the next project.

Here's the one I made last night:

Okay the full sized image to download can be found here:

http://www.midgardbb.com/Gencon.html

Okay instructions to use this:

Download and unzip the JPG.

Go to OfficeMax or Staples or such store and purchase a pack of Iron-On Transfer Paper .... (found in the printer paper area).

Use your printer on its best print setting to print the image, iron it onto the T-Shirt.

Kinko's or such may be able to do such things for you ... I don't know ... this is the method I used.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

looks great ;]

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Forgot how many cries there were for an image for Black shirts so I made on of those also.

At the same time, I cleaned up the greyscale on the image for white T-shirts so that it will print and look better so if you downloaded the file but haven't made the shirt yet, REDOWNLOAD.

Galak

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Thanks for the work and the instructions. Now... are you planning to have some t-shirts available for sale at the tourney. If not, my spidey er.. business senses are tingling...