BeNeCup, trying to make it work

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

Let me see... At the BrassBowl 2004 I played 3 Dutch guys, 1 English guy and 1 Scottish dude with a funny hat. Or was he Irish? Doesn't matter.

The three Dutch guys went home crying for their mummies, as I reduced their pathetic attempts of defence to dust. The British guys weren't as easy though...

If you're short in Belgian players, count my Skaven in. Tuern knows where to find me. We'll compensate the Dutch quantity by Belgian quality!

I'll gladly pull out my Orcs too, if anyone wants me to. I've lost enough games with them, to finally know what I was doing wrong:

Orcs are not Skaven.

El Sid

Reason: ''
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

el sid wrote:Let me see... At the BrassBowl 2004 I played 3 Dutch guys, 1 English guy and 1 Scottish dude with a funny hat. Or was he Irish? Doesn't matter.

El Sid
that'll probably was hommin, he's welsh.

good to have another belgium guy in.

Djengis 8)

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

:) nice to see more belgium guys join in... it would be nice if all dutch players who would like to play could join in...

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
driesfield
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by driesfield »

Hey, maybe Olaf can play for Belgium?
I'm sure some part of him came from Belgium!
:wink:

Scourge of Lizardmen! and Sjapie!
I'll never be your Beast of Nurgle.
Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Re: BeNeCup, trying to make it work

Post by Mauz »

TuernRedvenom wrote:I know the name sucks, couldn't think of anything better tough.
" Battle of the Bulge " - "Ardennen Offensief"

" De 1 daagse Veldtocht " (hint to the '10 day battle' the Dutch lost in 1831)

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Count me in as well! I could not participate in last years Eurobowl and thus missed my chance to kick some (undoubtedly) major Dutch butt.

This asks for a second chance ... :wink: :wink:

Greetz to the belgians, death to the dutch!!! (please do not take this too literally - I am not an aggressive player - I only won the most violent player award once [almost twice with a skaven team! :evil: !])

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

So far, we have 12+ interested Belgians. All will probably depend upon the date.

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Lets set one then... People were saying somewhere in June.
What about the 4th or 5th of June. That's halfway between the M@dhobbit Massacre in Holland and the RDV BB3 in Paris.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Yavatol wrote:Lets set one then... People were saying somewhere in June.
What about the 4th or 5th of June. That's halfway between the M@dhobbit Massacre in Holland and the RDV BB3 in Paris.
Any weekend in June except the last one (Graspop Metal meeting) is fine by me. But I think we should just wait for Draco to return to wrap this up.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Slightly OT; you're going to Graspop ? Cool... Maybe Ill go too this year ! Should be nice, or so they tell me...

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

JaM wrote:Slightly OT; you're going to Graspop ? Cool... Maybe Ill go too this year ! Should be nice, or so they tell me...
Don't doubt about it just go! I went to the last 3 editions and it was brilliant every year and it keeps getting better. Last years line-up was jaw-dropping and this year promises to be even better as it's the anniversary (10th) edition. Last year, just on sunday I saw: Dimmu Borgir (best show of the weekend), Therion, Children of Bodom (second best), Fear Factory, Saxon, Life Of Agony (apparently not washed up yet, great performance!), Death Angel, Destruction, Testament and Iron Maiden. All this for just 50€!! And the atmosphere is always great, on Graspop there are no kiddies looking to get drunk and picking fights. Only true metal fans coming there for metal music.
This year I unfortunately won't be able to go on sunday so I hope all my fave bands come on saturday and friday.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'll try, have to inform my "langharig tuig"-friends to get me a ticket too, and some transportation :D .
Now where did I leave those armyboots... 8)

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Okay guys, how about stopping with the discussion about some sort of "freak fest" and starting with actually planning something?

The weekends in June are 4-5, 11-12, 18-19 and 25-26. Perhaps the best option is to take a Saturday (so that the Sunday stays reserved for some quality family time). So that would leave June 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th.

Perhaps Nighthawk and Draco can sort out a date on which most of their minions can participate? Is Draco back in action already? Is he already recruiting players who aren't scared of being slaughtered?

As for the place for this venue: maybe I can arrange something in Turnhout, my home town. It kind of is situated near the Dutch border, but I think the Brasspeople will have to drive for about 2 hours then (in stead of 1 hour 30 min. tot Antwerp. Give me some feedback and I will look in to a possible place where we can all meet in the well-known friendly atmosphere of a Blood-Bowl tournament ...

Greetz! (Ribbit!)
Quermitt

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

June's a difficult (& expensive :D) month for me with both my wife's and son's birthday in different weekends. The only weekend which would fit me would be 25/6.

Haven't heard from Draco yet but he's probably enjoying some cheerleaders company in an exotic place so let's just wait till his return (if he does, of course :P )

I'll second Quermitt's opinion that we would better keep it on a saturday.
I don't think Turnhout would be a problem for the brassman people. We tend to huddle together in a big car and have lot's of fun underway. We will now certainly concentrate on jokes about dutch people :P :P

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

Nighthawk wrote:We will now certainly concentrate on jokes about dutch people :P :P
I didn't know the Dutch were people? Does this mean Orcs are also people?

Har har har...