Reviews and Previews:

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Reviews and Previews:

Post by Digger Goreman »

Scibor comes to us, tonight, with a "Goblin Veteran"... (resin model)....

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

As much as I encourage one not to play delfs... as a public service announcement: this is a good looking mini from Taban Miniatures!

As well as a possible wight (note that the mini itself is 28mm, but it is floating above ground)....

And, maybe some enterprising modelist can work with this one, here's a two-headed/bodied... mutant....

NO COST SHIPPING WORLDWIDE through the end of July!
(really helps for those of us in the States)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Haven't found a "doable" pic yet, so will put up the url of Privateer Press' Warpborn Skinwalkers....

Size considerations unknown (though they are supposed to be transformed humans), these are incredible minis.... I'm not super-crazy 'bout the capes... and someone with better eye/skills on removing weapons is more than welcome to chime in... but these could possibly be modified for Necro/Norse use....

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

Digger Goreman wrote:Haven't found a "doable" pic yet, so will put up the url of Privateer Press' Warpborn Skinwalkers....

Size considerations unknown (though they are supposed to be transformed humans), these are incredible minis.... I'm not super-crazy 'bout the capes... and someone with better eye/skills on removing weapons is more than welcome to chime in... but these could possibly be modified for Necro/Norse use....
Base Size: 40mm is an indication. They look awesome but they scream more AV9 than AV8

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I see Stormvermin conversions tbh..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Greyhound wrote: Base Size: 40mm is an indication. They look awesome but they scream more AV9 than AV8
Av is often in the eye of the beholder... tell me 2nd edition ogres are Av9... :lol:

Funny, I thought the bases were 25mm "display" bases, aka 30mm....

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

Digger Goreman wrote:Av is often in the eye of the beholder...
Agreed. I work hard to try to get a consistent look for my AVs though.
Same with size and strength. It's just my personal challenge though I don't mind other teams doing what they like.

For my lizards I armoured up all my Saurus and went for extra spikes to really show the mean combination of ST4 and AV9, whereas for the skinks I left them helmet-less to show the feeble AV7 (and it was easier :D ).
My current Slann conversion is the same. I put the same helmet that the Saurus have on the Blitzers to show AV8, but left their body relatively unarmoured.

These guys here are so big and tough that they look (to me) ST4 AV9.

I hear you with Ogres who often have a bare chest. However I expect that the heavily armoured arms and the gut plate will make it look AV9. I could see someone arguing he looks AV8... Grrr be damned Digger, now I'm thinking of covering his chest in greenstuff chainmail.

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

Digger Goreman wrote:Haven't found a "doable" pic yet, so will put up the url of Privateer Press' Warpborn Skinwalkers....

I dig them, looks like with a little work you could scale the nose back some and make them into bears if you choose. I think they would make really nice Ulfwereners myself and may pick them up for that.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Norse wrote:I see Stormvermin conversions tbh..
ST5 Vermin maybe...
Digger Goreman wrote:Funny, I thought the bases were 25mm "display" bases, aka 30mm....
Still new to PP games, but iirc, 40mm means it's 40mm from the outside of the bases to the opposite point, which means this would still be a very big ST3/ST4 player (when you think that PP's other 40mm are the Dreadnaught-size 'Jacks)...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yeah, I strongly suggest viewing them, in store, before committing.... That's what I'm gonna do.... Since they're supposed to be smaller than WarpWolves, I'm hoping that's not the case....

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

The more I look at them the more I realize that the biggest problem with them will be the cloaks shooting off in random directions. People don't care for you whacking their mini's with pointy capes and such.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Borthcollective wrote:The more I look at them the more I realize that the biggest problem with them will be the cloaks shooting off in random directions. People don't care for you whacking their mini's with pointy capes and such.
All, for me, depends on size... if they fit on 30mm bases, then I'm really salivating for these.... Well, size and the ability to remove the darned weapons.... Luckily my friendly neighborhood game store carries all manner and will eventually get them in....

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

I will check out the sizing at Gencon and see if I think they will work for me.

Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

Warpwolves are on 50mm bases. These guys are on 40mm bases (think GW Terminators). Here's a pic of the 3 man unit:

They will definitely be too big to fit on a 25mm or 30mm display base.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Darkson wrote:when you think that PP's other 40mm are the Dreadnaught-size 'Jacks)...
Not done a size comparison of a Heavy warjack and a Dreadnought, but I'd guess they were close, and all heavies are on 50mm bases.

Like someone said, those new Wolf shifter things are probably about terminator/big guy size.

FWIW I've always considered AV to be about more than actual amounts of armour, and related to how tough the race concerned are...hence the difference between a Norse Lino and a Troll Slayer (for example).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.