THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BLOOD BOWL TEAMS

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

Nuffle sure has sense of humour...

Take the +AG, it'll be useful and he'll be dead soon anyway with Str 2. Buy the Wight.

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Seems Master Wang and my ol' Sensei agree....

The Wight is added and the ghoul will be used and abused till it's end....

At least I have an ersatz kick-off receiver, soon as we can get his busted arse outta the morgue snack bar....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

New coach and new Nurgle team (Da Rotterz) willing to play 390k down against Grave Danger. Bringing Lewdgrip and Spleenripper to the field. (Spleenripper being held in reserve too long and would never see play....)

Strange game, casualty-wise, as the Werewolves did a great job of shredding armor, stunning and ko'ing, but not damaging! Would have to rename my stadium: The Killing Fields!!!! Cyanide would die on a gfi (grrrr!), thankfully regenning... and Stench the Rotter would die on a failed dodge.... Casualty battle: Field 2, DaRotterz 1, Danger 0.

The endzone belonged to Grave Danger with Ghoul Necro Fasciitis planting two touchdowns and Cyanide interspersing with one. DaRotterz Rotter would pull off one good score.

Finale: 3-1 Grave Danger! MVP goes to Lead the Golem for soaking up so many blocks and taking on DaRotterz Nurgle Beast... and Necro Fasciitis scored a tba doubles roll (again!).

GRAVE DANGER
1,540,000 +
120,000 Treasury
3 rerolls
7 FF

Zombie 4328 Regeneration 4spp
Zombie 4328 Regeneration 0spp (delf runner)
Zombie 4328 Regeneration 2spp
Zombie 4328 Regeneration, Block 6spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge, Accurate, (?) 18spp
Ghoul 7247 Dodge 10spp
Wight 6338 Block, Regeneration, Guard 7spp
Wight previous KIA
Golem 4428 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Dodge 7spp
Golem 4429 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull 5spp
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge 24spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut 35spp

Hopefully you've gotten this far and can help with suggestions on a double for my ghoul with dodge and accurate.... I was seriously thinking Strong Arm!

zerak
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zerak »

how about sure hands so he can pick it up and chuck it downfield?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
I've not lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere!
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

While I appreciate the input... doubles are doubles and I want to cash in on it.... I'm willing to expend re-rolls on ball handling.... My 2St 4Ag Ghoul will be back in the next game and it'll take on the primary pick-up duties....

I'm getting a gleam in my eye-socket over Dump-Off! With accurate and one tackle zone off-setting, I could possibly score on an opponent's turn with a well placed Werewolf and/or at least keep the ball on a 3+ Quick pass....

:P Muwahahahahaha!!!! :P

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

How much passing does your style of play incoporate? If there's a fair amount, Strong Arm is good. With the wolves and AG4 ghoul, there's decent, but not massive number of targets, and it increases your ability to two turn score. Dump Off might be better if you run the ball a lot with him, but I reckon it'll shorten his life span. Very dull, but have you considered Leader? It'll be healthier for your TV and treasury than buying a regular re-roll. How often do you find yourself one short in a game?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Good points... excellent questions....

I'm running the ball ALOT till I get to/past the LOS, then I'm usually speeding down one side.... What I've got on the field is good but I'm often finding my ball carrier blitzed down on 1d (yeah, I know: Block!) and I want a response to that.... Dump-off has the possibility to beat a "defender down" result!

It's also the 3ag Ghoul that has Accurate & (maybe) Dump-off.

My ghouls are always targeted, no matter what.... They seem to live to die, so might as well make them notorious....

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

There's probably more sensible options, but Dump Off sounds like it'll be worth taking. Take it and write up whether it gets used or not.

Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

Well, as he has Accurate and you gave that to him for a reason (passing the ball I would think), and you rolled doubles and want to take advantage of that, then I'd go with a passing skill or Strong Arm.

Dump-Off: Already discussed. Would work well with Accurate. And you have somebody who can catch the ball (AG4 Ghoul).

Safe Throw: But only if you plan to develop a more secure passing game.

Strong Arm: But only if you plan to develop a longer passing game.

And if you do pick one of the above, you will probaby want to develop a couple of players that can catch the ball reliably. Catch on the other Ghoul or the Weres/Wights?

Leader is not bad, but I find it dull.

If it was me, I'd ignore the doubles and take Block. But I think that with Accurate and another passing skill, and if you develop a couple of catchers, you can have a pretty potent offence that will surprise most opponents. I'd give it a shot. ;)

Cramy
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Pass or Dump Off. Strong Arm is not even close to the other two in my book. Nerves of Steel is also an awesome choice.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Won the battle and lost the war... aka: why do I even try?!

Needed 20k for a reroll so took on a last minute, overdog gig that should've gone reasonably well.... Did and didn't....

Greyhounds (Dwarves) vs Grave Danger
Started off like a circus, with Orcidas sponsoring the underdog blitzer with their special brand of running shoes.... Showy, but who really cares... right? Well, Cyanide decided that, as leading points player of the team, it was shameful and promised the cameras SPECTACULAR PLAYS if they'd just keep the lenses on him.... The rest of the team was quite constipated at him, but took the field anyway....

Cyanide's grandstanding would provide a constant irritant to his team-mates and they would consistently underperform during the game.... Nevertheless, Necro Fasciitis and the "Hot Dog" Cyanide would plant a couple of spiked pigskins in the Dwarven end zone! The Dwarves would miss two separate gfi's to the end zone to be denied satisfaction... and, with one last effort to go, the Necro's Fasciitis caught an underhanded chop block that ended his career and his life....

[OOC to the BBRC who didn't accept the use of apothecary's for Undead: take the dead middle fingers of my ghoul and rotate on them you elf and dwarf loving wankles!!!! That's 130k of useful player, yet again, lost to your self serving, egotistical bullcrap.... It'll be ten years, if ever, to fix your myopic, near-sighted blundering....]

Entering the Bowl playoffs, Digger Goreman decided to invest in training, coaches and cheerleaders at the expense of replacing Faciitis.

GRAVE DANGER
0 Treasury
4 rerolls
7 FF
3 AC
3 CL

Zombie 4328 Regeneration 0spp (delf runner)
Zombie 4328 Regeneration 2spp
Zombie 4328 Regeneration, Block 6spp
Ghoul 7247 Dodge 15spp
Wight 6338 Block, Regeneration, Guard 7spp
Wight 6338 Block, Regeneration
Golem 4428 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Dodge 7spp
Golem 4429 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull 5spp
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge 24spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut 38spp

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

It's PLAYOFF TIME again and this season's participants had voted for a single elimination tournament for the Dungeon Bowl Prize! Random draws placed the Solar Fire Ants (Humans) vs our beloved Grave Danger in round one.

The matchup is tres challenging for the Danger:

Solar Fire Ants vs Grave Danger
TV 1580000 vs TV 1540000
Spp 167 vs Spp 112
Skills 16 vs Skills 9
Skill value 340000 vs Skill value 240000
Asst Coaches 0 vs 3
Cheerleaders 0 vs 3

Blitzer 7338 + Guard
Catcher 8237 + Diving Catch & Block
Catcher 8237 + Diving Catch & Block
Thrower 6338 + Accurate
Thrower 6338 + Strong Arm & Accurate
Lineman 6338
Lineman 6338 + Wrestle & Tackle
Lineman 6338 + Wrestle
Blitzer 7338 + Guard
Blitzer 7338 + Dodge & Guard
Blitzer 6338 + Guard & Mighty Blow
Ogre 5529

Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328 Block
Ghoul 7247
Wight 6338 Guard
Wight 6338
Golem 4428 Dodge
Golem 4429
Werewolf 8338 Block, Dodge
Werewolf 8339 Mighty Blow, Juggernaut

I must shred his catchers early!

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

Are you using LRB5b? I guess you are cos of the diving catch on the catchers. Looks like you opponent plays a passing game, so targeting the catchers sounds good. is guard looks a little worrying. But his blitzers will look a little lonely once you start removing others from the pitch.

Wasn't surprised about what happened to your ghoul btw, Nuffle's a funny bugger.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

LRB5 + experimental....

Yeah, ironically that was the ghoul that killed the Delf runner... what goes around, I guess....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

It, sure as death, didn't look good for Grave Danger.... Evenly manned and grossly outnumbered in skills (and the humans having more "guard"), Goreman was shaking and rattling every hoodoo, voodoo and ju-ju charm he had to keep the "spirits" up....

The first two turns looked exceedingly grim: Ricin went down with a severe smashed collar bone that would not regenerate... then Hemlock II caught a hard shot that disrupted him for this game only... and of course he didn't regen....

But you can't keep a good (or bad) monster in the grave, and vengeance was forth coming! Even the Ants apothecary couldn't deal with their blitzer's MNG injury nor, with medical expertise spent, could he save the dying/dead star thrower of the team... who immediately rose and took place in the Danger's line on the next possession. This after Cyanide (who nailed the blitzer and another Ant later in the game) scored a speedy touchdown....

Further pains would be inflicted upon Grave Danger: Enteritis (Ghoul) and Sarin (werewolf) were knocked out cold, with Sarin down for the game! A particularly evil block on Cyanide (6+6, followed by 6+6!!!! ) had the undead fans ready to pack it in... but, WAIT, in an unlikely turn of events, Cyanide walked off the injury... ... too late in this half, as the de-manned Danger couldn't quite hold out the Ants catcher and the td sent the game into overtime!

Goreman swore an undead oath at Nuffle about "evening things out" as the ref flipped the coin, and the right of final blood came to the Danger.... Grave Danger got a "quick snap" and set up well for the reception, which went a bit long and drove Ghoul Enteritis back.... The Danger had gotten back Cyanide, Enteritis and a zombie to take a man up advantage and took a studied look at the field. Key blocks, deep penetration by Cyanide and Wight Strychnine, would spread out the Ants. The Solar plague downed Cyanide, but failed to go directly man-to-man with Strychnine.... Ant's Ogre chose this time to bone-head (what was that, 5 times in the game?! ) and the weak, but agile, Enteritis slipped past him to spin an elegant short pass to the alone and waiting Strychnine... SUCCESS!

Ball in hand, Strychnine knew he couldn't outrun the Ant's catcher, so he did what blitzers do best: he went after him DIRECTLY!!!! Cyanide chuckled from the ground... the Ant's had gone for the "bait" and double-teamed him while letting the equally agile Wight loose.... Strychnine strong-armed the weak human out of the way and put the final draught of poison in the Ant's seasonal picnic punch by stretching across the ghoul-line in a final, no rerolls, go-for-it....

Final: 2-1 for the Grave Danger, in overtime!!!!

Enteritis was the only skill-up, getting a tba regular skill....

The dark, cheesy and sleazy elves are next....
So what skill for the battered ghoul? Block/Tackle/Fend/Sidestep/Sure Feet...?
Grave Danger
TV 1,540,000
40,000 Treasury
4 rerolls
8FF
3AC
2CL
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Zombie 4328
Ghoul 7247 (regular skill)?
Wight 6338 Guard
Wight 6338
Golem 4428 Dodge
Golem 4429
Werewolf 8338 Block, Dodge
Werewolf 8339 Mighty Blow, Juggernaut

vs.

Hag Graef's Heartless
TV 1,790,000
11FF
0AC
0CL
1 Apothecary
4 rerolls
Runner 7347 Dump Off, Dodge, Kick
Runner 7347 Dump Off, Strong Arm, Dodge
Blitzer 7348 Block, Tackle, Dodge, Leap
Witch Elf 7347 Dodge, Frenzy, Jump Up, Block, Leap
Witch Elf 7348 Dodge, Frenzy, Jump Up, +AV, Block
Assassin 6347 Shadowing, Stab
Assassin 6347 Shadowing, Stab, Dodge, Leap
Lineman 6348
Blitzer 7348 Block
Lineman 6348 Block Niggling Injury
Lineman 7348 MA+, Block
Lineman 6348 Dodge, Block

That will give me 250,000 in incentives... feel free to suggest appropriate ones... no Stars or Mercs in the playoffs....