English Coaches ... Team England Committee Election 2018

Moderators: Purplegoo, TFF Mods

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Re: English Coaches .... Team England Committee Election 201

Post by Leipziger »

There are a plethora of coaches that I feel would be a positive addition to the committee, although not all are particularly active on the forum.

Jim/speedingbullet would certainly be a worthy nominee if he is interested.

I’d echo Dan’s thoughts re: having involvement from some TE guys if they are interested.

Dan mentioned in his post that I’m keen to put my name into the hat and that is true. I am
an active member of the blood bowl community, and am a longtime tournament organiser and league commissioner. I’m an active on a number of forums, including on the NAF twitter account, and engage with a number of coaches regularly so try to stay in touch with peoples thoughts re: the game/community. I am also an advocate of TE and trying to help continue to build/strengthen the idea that TE is a community and not only a group of coaches that represents the country at Eurobowl.

Reason: ''
Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Thanks Alex, I'll take that as a nomination, excellent news :D

Let me know if you want to add to or change the text, see the 2nd post of this thread.

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Pipey, Dan, Cornish and Alex, thanks for the support, much appreciated.

Sann0638 has once again agreed to count the votes (thanks Mike) so that frees me up to stand for the committee. I would like to stand so I'll put a paragraph together.

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

speedingbullet wrote:Pipey, Dan, Cornish and Alex, thanks for the support, much appreciated.

Sann0638 has once again agreed to count the votes (thanks Mike) so that frees me up to stand for the committee. I would like to stand so I'll put a paragraph together.
Great!

NAF Name: Cornish
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

I'd also like to put my name forward. Here's my mission statement, more than a paragraph, sorry...

TLDR time ;)

First and foremost I'd like to say how pleased I am to see a clear process in place allowing the English community to choose how Team England works. The last few months have seen great strides forward. Whoever ends up on the committee I think it's a big win.

I personally have advocated change to a more democratic community-led Team England for many years. While I am positive about change, I wouldn't argue for change for its own sake, or to throw the baby out with the bath water just because structures are now in place to allow it. I would also say that community engagement is just as important as winning, and wouldn't lose sight of that.

If i am elected expect a balanced, careful approach as I believe I have demonstrated in previous community roles. I have been TO of several events including the NAF Championship and UKTC, and was a UK Tournament Coordinator and Tournament Director. I also led the process which gave us the current selection policy for TE back in 2009. I hope this breadth of experience will also give me a good insight into what our community wants today.

I believe the views of the community, such as recent input here on TFF, should be central to committee discussions and should shape the new proposed policy.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I see my name mentioned; thanks for the thought but this isn't for me. Whilst I am enthusiastic and love playing I don't think I am the right choice to help run our national squad.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

The second post on this thread is now up to date with the 3 nominees so far.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

There doesnt seem to be much input from the current Team England line-up over this development. Is this deliberate? Are they individually not interested in being committee members?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

The community has decided it wants change. I do not feel that I represent that.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I think there has been plenty of (eventual - mostly leaving space to begin with) current TE input into the forum and a fair amount into this structural development. It was me pushing for this for a good while before stepping aside for Speeding to pick up - I had / have some concerns that I don't want anyone associating this with being a NAF driven thing. Bren and Dave are standing or included, Mark, Pete and Joe have all contributed, the other two are allergic to the internet whatever the subject.

I don't actually agree with Joe that this represents change so much as introduces a new change facilitation mechanism where before there was an anarchic vacuum that wound everyone up. The current way we do things is broadly sensible, I would be pretty surprised / disappointed if a committee came in and entirely re-invented a successful wheel. There is certainly no clear steer the community wishes for the thing to be ripped up and taken in an opposite direction. This is about those little tweaks we spend a disproportionate amount of time hand-wringing over and how we can quickly, sensibly sort them out with a good deal less fuss. At least - that was my reading of it!

TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

Hi Jim,

I'd potentially be interested in standing but would need to know a bit more about the structure and commitment for the committee as I am about to welcome my 2nd child this week. I'd not want to say "yep I'm in" just to not be able to give it what it requires.

Could you give me an idea of the structure of the committee and the commitment which would be required?

Cheers

Ade

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Hi Ade. Good question re structure and commitment. To be honest, I don’t really know. We are forming a Team England Committee for the first time and the first job is to set out how it’s going to work. Given that EuroBowl EurOpen this year is already organised, or I assume at least mostly organised, and next year the event doesn’t take place, duties could be light. If you put yourself forward and are elected you’ll have the chance to shape it.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

lunchmoney wrote:I see my name mentioned; thanks for the thought but this isn't for me. Whilst I am enthusiastic and love playing I don't think I am the right choice to help run our national squad.
This.

Id sell you out to GW in a heartbeat! :D

But seriously, I'm behind TE 100%, and as shown this year am happy to help ref/run events...but making policy?? not me sir I'm just a foot soldier.

Good luck to all candidates and whomever gets elected will have my (humble) support.

TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

Hi everyone

I’ve decided not to stand at the moment. Whilst I believe the committee is the right way to do things my commitment and activity in the community is currently down due to my family and work commitments. Now with my new daughter I feel I couldn’t give it 100%.

Maybe in a couple of years.

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

TheDoc wrote: I’ve decided not to stand at the moment. Whilst I believe the committee is the right way to do things my commitment and activity in the community is currently down due to my family and work commitments. Now with my new daughter I feel I couldn’t give it 100%.

Maybe in a couple of years.
First and foremost, congratulations on adding to the family :D

And please do consider putting your name forward again in a year or two.