Tackle Zone Team Trophy @UKGE, June 1/2 2024, Birmingham

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Tackle Zone Team Trophy @UKGE, June 1/2 2024, Birmingham

Post by deeferdan »

A NEW TEAM TOURNAMENT COMETH!

We're super excited to announce that June 1st & 2nd 2024 will be the inaugural Tackle Zone Team Trophy (TZTT), hosted at the UK Games Expo (UKGE), at Birmingham NEC. This new team event will be part the biggest hobby convention in the UK and one of the biggest in the world. Offering you the opportunity to play some fantastic games of team Blood Bowl and also giving you access to (literally) thousands of other games during a fantastic weekend that celebrates gaming and hobbying of all types.

TICKETS HAVE GONE LIVE

https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/events/14 ... am-trophy/

So What Is It?

The TZTT is a team event for teams of 6 (six) coaches, who will be matched up against opposing teams over 5 rounds during the weekend of the UKGE.
The rule pack is still to be finalised, but you can expect team values of 1.15 million and no star players to offer a competitive set of rules.
There will be 3 games on the Saturday, with a substantial lunch break of minimum 2 hours to allow time to have a look at the show, and 2 games on Sunday, again to allow for browsing and the advantage of an early finish.
The UK Games Expo is at the Birmingham NEC with excellent travel connections internationally and into the city.

OK so How do I sign up?

Initially, it would be brilliant if prospective teams/team captains can express interest here. We have space for 192 entrants (36 teams) and it would be brilliant if we can fill all those slots while also showing the gaming world what a superb tournament scene we have.
We will soon be creating an expression of interest form, and will continue to update you over the winter as we await ticket release from UKGE.
It is hugely important to note that we are NOT able to reserve any spaces for those that have expressed interest, this is just to give us a good idea of numbers. However, the UKGE organisers will seriously consider an increase to the size of the event should we sell out quickly.

More on tickets to follow, but because the event will be run as part of the UK Games Expo you'll need to have an expo ticket to get into the tournament. A further tournament ticket fee will also be required, but we are not expecting this to be too expensive and because the Expo ticket is separate you can of course come for 3 days and visit the Expo on the Friday before joining in the with the TZTT over the weekend.
An Expo ticket will cost £34 (for 2 days) or £46 (for 3 days) - we are anticipating the event ticket to be around £10-£15 per team member.

You can find out more about the UKGE at https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/ here you will be able to get a feel for the show (nd its magnitude) and also get some pointers on accommodation, and other key considerations.
When the time comes (we are expecting around February) this will also be where you will buy your tickets for BOTH the Expo and the TZTT.

Who Are The Organisers?

Tackle Zone was first created by Dan (Wulfyn) as a website for Blood Bowl discussion and tactics and has since evolved into a small group of friends keen to play competitive Blood Bowl and with a particular interest in team events.
This event has grown out of that interest and has been a slow burner for a number of years until the opportunity to host the event at the UKGE arrose this summer.
The organising group are:
Wulfyn
Kfoged
TheFear
Speedingbullet
Barney_The_Lurker
deeferdan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
- deeferdan -

England NC
Midlands RC
Blood Bowling nomad

Beard man's foil http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
BB_Jock
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Tackle Zone Team Trophy @UKGE, June 1/2 2024, Birmingham

Post by BB_Jock »

Hi Dan,

Put me down for a team in some guise! That's quite an organising team - looking forward to it.

Cauleeflower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cauleeflower »

Put us down for a Hey Listen team! We've been chatting about this since we saw it!

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Very interested - already getting a squad organised.

thulean
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thulean »

SBBL will bring at least 1 squad I reckon

SBBL Facebook // SBBL Discord
NAF - thulean 28239
bgmcclean
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bgmcclean »

Definitely interested. Got a few people already confirmed they'll join 😀

torquemada
Rookie
Rookie

Post by torquemada »

YES

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Looks like MBBL will try to put a team together as Birmingham's greatest Blood Bowl League*

Will this be NAF ranked? I'm still grumpy that my decent result at the last UKGE tournament isn't recorded anywhere!

*Allegedly

deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by deeferdan »

PercyTheTroll wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:03 pm Will this be NAF ranked? I'm still grumpy that my decent result at the last UKGE tournament isn't recorded anywhere!
100% yes - this was one of the stipulations from our end during the (extensive and highly detailed!) negotiations.

- deeferdan -

England NC
Midlands RC
Blood Bowling nomad

Beard man's foil http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Top news, thanks Dan.

And if you can add the 2 wins and a draw I got last time to the database whilst you're in there, that would be great.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

I'd be looking to put a team together for this.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
docminiature
Rookie
Rookie

Post by docminiature »

Sounds great 🙂

CptOats
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CptOats »

Team Pitch Invaders will be there, we have 6 agreed 👍

Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slimjono »

Put me down a team for wybbl/the Democratic Republic of Yorkshire please

I'll be able to get a team of Yorkshire misfits together :)

Slimjono - 23894
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Awesome party people will be in attendance

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!